CHAPTER 82

Meanwhile, Hector went to the Montes De Alba mansion. He wanted to talk to Adrianna. Luckily neither her aunt nor Carlos were there. Alejandro had also left. As Hector waits, for her to come down, he has flashbacks from his childhood. He remembers running around the house, as a child with his sister, Adrianna, and Antonio. He then sips his glass of juice.

Meanwhile, Adrianna was in her room pacing around. She knew Hector was waiting for her. She remembers Alejandro's threats and wipes away some tears. She cannot believe that as each day passes it seems more and more likely that she will have to marry Alejandro.

Back in the garden, Hector smiles at the happy childhood memories. He is sitting on a chair, in the garden. He remembers his sister saying that this was the most beautiful place in the house. He then looked at her and sticks his tongue out and says that she thought that because she loves green and is weird. She glares at him and pinches him. Hector hears some movement, which brings him back to the present. He then turns around. It is Adrianna. He stares at her, as always awed by her beauty. She was really the most stunning woman he had ever seen.

Back at the mental hospital,

John is excitedly talking, about his first visit outside. Gina meanwhile is fretting over it. She asks herself what if someone recognizes him. The joy on her father's face is however contagious. He says that he cannot wait to go, after all the delays because of more tests being done. He says that there are two things he wants to ask her. Gina says he can ask her whatever he wants.

John says that the first thing he wants to ask her is if he can see her and Hector's children during one of his visits. He says being around such young children should do him good. Gina promises to work with Hector to arrange a visit with the children. She adds that he can consider their children his grandchildren. He smiles at her and says that he has one more question for her. He asks her if her aunt is single. Gina is shocked; she didn't see that question coming.

Back at the Montes De Alba mansion,

Adrianna asks Hector if he is sitting outside because someone was rude to him or he was denied access to the sitting room. He smiles, that killer smile, which never failed to give her butterflies. He then says that he prefers the garden, because, it is beautiful, and there was a calming effect about it.

Adrianna says oh, and then sits nervously near him. She would rather move, the chair and increase the distance between them, but it would be rude, and would only increase the awkwardness between them. Several seconds pass, and he makes no effort to initiate any kind of conversation. Adrianna is confused. She asks herself, why he is silent if he is the one who wanted to talk to her.

Back at the mental hospital,

Gina is still shocked. John looks at her smiling. Gina says to herself that it is at times like this that he resembles Aranza so much because she too had a similar smile when she was up to something or was being nosy. He adds that Anna Patricia is a very beautiful woman with a heart of gold. Gina admits that her aunt is a remarkable and beautiful woman. He says that he would like to date her if he ever gets out of here. Gina puts her hands at her hips and corrects John, by telling him when and not if. He smiles, at her attempt to look tough.

He again catches her off guard by saying that he has one concern about his outside visits. She asks him what worries him. He says since he cannot remember who he is, or what kind of a person he was, he has no idea, if he had enemies, or if there is anyone who wanted to harm him.

Gina asks him what he wants to do about it. He says that he would be more comfortable, if he maybe did something like changing his hair, and wore a cap or glasses. She says that he has nothing to worry about because she will discuss that with Hector and the doctor and they will come up with something.

Back at the Montes De Alba mansion,

Hector, still hasn't said anything. Adrianna then remembers that Aranza would resort to similar tactics, of creating awkwardness when in a similar situation or after an argument. She then stands up, folds her arms, and stares at him like she would her cousin in such a situation. He watches her and smiles but says nothing. Adrianna says that he is so much like Aranza, and asks him if she (Aranza) gave him tips.

Hector says he has no idea, what she is talking about. She gives him an I don't believe you stare. She then says that he came to the mansion to see her but hasn't said a word about anything. Hector stands up and tries to touch her, but she increases the space between them. He says that they need to talk. She pretends she has no idea and asks him what it's about. He says that they need to talk and solve their problems. Adrianna says that they have nothing to talk about, and turns to leave.

He, however, is faster than her and holds her. He then stands in front of her and holds up her face, so that she can face him. He tells her that he loves her and that despite everything, he knows that she loves him. He says that he knows that they can work through their problems. Adrianna asks him how that will happen when everything is stacked against them. She then adds that the best thing to do would be if she married Alejandro and he married Marianna. Hector looks at her appalled at the thought.

Meanwhile, Martin is jogging in the park, when to his irritation he runs into Marianna. She isn't pleased to see him either. He is wary of her pulling a stunt like kissing him again. He would have an almost impossible time, convincing Emma that it was a mistake if she kissed him again. Marianna says that it seems, like they let anything, loose on the street these days. Martin looks at her and gives her a wry smile. He shoots back and says that he can see that, even witches get their day out in the sun. She glares at him and says that she cannot stand him.

Martin says that she can leave his niece and disappear. Marianna moves near him, but not too close. She says that she knows that he would want that, but she won't give him or the rest of his family, that satisfaction. She says that she will marry Hector, and no one will stop that. He says that she is crazy and adds that all those, are temporary setbacks because Adrianna and Hector will end up together because they love each other. Marianna then gives Martin one last glare before walking off. She turns to face him and he smiles at her and waves. She glares at him and continues walking.

Back at the Montes De Alba mansion,

Hector asks Adrianna what Alejandro told her. She says that it's not about Alejandro, but about doing what's best for the girls. Just then Helena arrives back alone. She sees Adrianna talking to Hector, and comes over. She looks at Hector like one would a piece of garbage. She tells Adrianna that, that piece of garbage (Hector) shouldn't be at the house. Hector clenches his hands but does nothing yet. Helena continues and says that, she deserves somebody who is from the same social class as hers, like Alejandro and that she should focus on, their daughter and building a future with him.

Adrianna tells her aunt to back off and, let her solve her personal issues herself. Helena says that her dislike of Hector and his cousin, has never been hidden, and she will do everything in her power to use the current situation to get Hector out of her life. Adrianna asks Helena, what she is talking about. Helena says that she will use her influence to help Alejandro take away their daughter. Adrianna is shocked. She knew that her aunt was evil, but this? Helena continues and says that she (Adrianna) must choose between Hector and her daughter. Even Hector is shocked. Adrianna says that her (Helena's) biggest problem is her guilty conscience.

Helena asks her what she is talking about. Adrianna says that the real reason she doesn't like Hector and Gina is that Gina looks like a younger version of Belen, Aranza's late grandmother. She then adds that since she is probably behind Mr. Montes De Alba's accident and the twins' disappearance, any reminder of the past and her crimes bothers her.

Adrianna also adds that it's also why she has never loved Aranza because she is so much like her father. Helena is angry at Adrianna's words and goes to hit her, but Hector stands in front of Adrianna. He tells Helena that she can call him, whatever she wants but she will not lay a finger on Adrianna.

Helena stares at Hector, who stares back unfazed. She is grudgingly impressed. Not many people have the guts to stand up to her. She tells herself that he has the same commanding presence as Gabriel. She tells him that there will, be hell to pay for this, and leaves in a huff. Adrianna turns to Hector and says that those are some of the reasons why they have to end things. Hector is annoyed with her. He says that he prevented her aunt, from attacking her and instead of thanking him, she starts quarreling with him. He asks her what is happening to them, to her. Adrianna says that nothing is wrong and that she is simply saying what needs to be said.