CHAPTER 107

Back at Marianna's house,

Marianna manages to free herself from Martin. He doesn't try to hold her again. Martin reminds her that she can still get herself out of the problems her friends are involved in. Before Marianna can react, there is a knock on the door. Martin goes to open it and is irritated to see that it is Alejandro. Alejandro ignores him and walks past him, to Marianna. Martin follows him. Alejandro says that he can see what she has been up to. Marianna asks him what he wants.

Alejandro says that he is there to confirm that she is a traitor and that she is having an affair with Martin. Marianna tells him that she owes him no explanations, and says that both of them (Alejandro and Martin) should leave. Alejandro asks Martin what he is doing there. Martin tells Alejandro that whether he likes it or not Marianna is still his part of their family and there is a child involved. Alejandro tells Martin that he has no business with Marianna or his daughter.

Martin says that the child will always be treated like a part of the family regardless of not being Hector's daughter. Alejandro says that he wouldn't expect anything else from a family that takes in strays. Martin clenches his hands and then punches Alejandro. He tells him that was for disrespecting his (Martin's) family and his (Alejandro's) daughter. Alejandro winces and calling Martin boy, tells him that he doesn't know who he is messing with because he will pay.

Martin tells Alejandro that if he disrespects his family including Diana, he will pay. Marianna looks at Martin after he says that. Before she can reply, Alejandro says that they will sue for custody of their daughter. Martin looks at Alejandro first then at Marianna (for longer). He says that somebody would have to be crazy to give them back their daughter. He says that they don't deserve to raise that angel (Diana). Alejandro says that Diana is their daughter and they will get her back. Martin says that they never even loved her.

Back at Antonio's house,

Antonio is stunned after what Aranza just told him. He looks at her and asks her if she believes John. Aranza says that she doesn't know what to believe because he could be saying the truth but because of his medical history he could also be mixing up facts. Antonio asks her how she sees John's state of mind after visiting him for years. Aranza says that she finds him very sane.

Antonio tells himself that it bothers him that Gina would tell a stranger such personal things no matter how little when she wouldn't tell him anything. Aranza asks him if he feels jealous because Gina told somebody else and not him, all that. Antonio looks at her shocked. Aranza shrugs and says that she is smart. Antonio smiles but says nothing. Aranza says that she understands that it bothers him that Gina didn't tell him anything.

She adds that he feels like she doesn't trust him, and adds that he should try and be patient with her. She then hugs him. Aranza then asks Antonio if he will tell Gina about what he knows. Antonio says he will but first, he has to see what his grandmother wants to talk to him about first. Aranza says she doesn't understand what one issue has to do with the other.

Antonio says that his grandmother is mysterious and unpredictable, and he doesn't know whether she wants to talk to him because she misses him, she wants to stir up trouble or she has something important to say.

Aranza rolls her eyes but agrees that his grandmother is unpredictable, and he should finish with whatever it is she wants before, talking to Gina. Antonio then asks her to keep everything a secret and let him deal with it. Aranza agrees.

At Marianna's house,

Martin says that they will work to ensure that neither of them gets the child. Marianna tells Martin that he is bossy and should keep out of her affairs. Martin narrows his eyes and glares at her. He then adds that his cousin is recovering from the attack, and he is representing him in personal affairs. Marianna says (to herself) that she doesn't understand why Martin would lie about why he is there.