CHAPTER 71

Meanwhile, Isabella asks Marianna where she heard the information from. Marianna says that gossip travels fast. She adds that with camera-phones and social media, walls really do have ears. Alejandro says that would play to their advantage apart from being fun to watch. Isabella asks Horacio where, Gina, Antonio, Adrianna, and Hector are. He says that his sources, saw everyone converge at Antonio's house. Isabella says to herself that they should enjoy it because that's one of the last times they will enjoy such gatherings.

Back at Antonio's house, Antonio tells Aurelio and Martin that they should let, the girls gossip. Aranza calls him Tony and says that they don't gossip. He smiles and pats her forehead.

At Clara and Ramon's house. Anna Patricia, is alone, as her parents, had gone out. She goes to the kitchen to get a glass of water when she hears a knock on the door. She goes to open, the door, and is shocked to see Carlos. She is too shocked to even react and he enters and closes the door. She folds her hands and glares at him. She then asks him what he wants. He says he wants to talk to her. Anna Patricia says that they have nothing to talk about, and increases the distance between them.

Carlos says that he finds her beautiful, charming, and would like to get to know her better. Anna Patricia looks at him like he, is going mad. She says that she wants nothing to do with him. He says that he can keep her company. Anna Patricia says that she may be single, but she isn't desperate or bored. She adds that he should go to Helena because she has too much dignity to be someone's second wheel. Carlos asks her what is going, on between, her and the crazy man, her, Hector, and Gina have been visiting for months.

Elsewhere, Helena is at the country club. She looks around and sees some of Carlos's friends. He had said he would be at the country club, but there was no sign of him. She sits down and orders a drink. She tries to call him, but she can't reach him either. She asks herself if he went chasing after Anna Patricia, and then, says she is going to speak to Anna Patricia and warn her to keep off him.

Back at Ramon and Clara's house, Anna Patricia keeps quiet. She says to herself that she has to downplay Gabriel's (John) importance or Carlos might try and hurt him again (like he did years ago). Out loud, Anna Patricia says that he is being ridiculous. She says that her mother asked her to represent the family, and she enjoys helping people. She adds that John probably has a family out there. Carlos watches her and asks her why anyone would fall for a madman who doesn't remember his own name, or anything, about his family.

Anna Patricia, says just as she wasn't about to argue with her mother at the time, she isn't about, to explain anything more to him. She tells him to leave her alone. Ignoring her, Carlos moves and touches her. Anna Patricia recoils at the touch and tells him to never do that again. Carlos says that he can give her anything she wants, and he can put the world at her feet. Anna Patricia says that the only thing she wants is for him to leave her alone. Carlos says that everyone has their price. Anna Patricia, says that her dignity and self-respect aren't for sale.

Back at Antonio's house, Aranza asks, Gina where she thinks the guys went. Gina says that they are definitely at a bar or club somewhere watching football and drinking. Emma adds that neither of them would do something like say shopping. She then says if it's not that they are doing some adrenaline-inducing sporty activity. Just then Adrianna comes in and Aranza says that she wants to change the baby's clothes. She adds that it's good practice anyway. Adrianna and Gina both look at her, in a sort of don't you think about that look. Aranza shrugs and tells them, to stop being so dramatic, because she will have her own child at some point.

Adrianna says that everything happens in its own time and that she is far too young to be thinking about things like that. Gina folds her arms and says that she and Aurelio should be careful. Aranza rolls her eyes, at them. Emma says that she should be happy. She says that not only does she have Adrianna to guide her, she also has Gina who is like an older sister. Aranza makes a dramatic pose and says double the scolding and lectures, as Emma and Adrianna smile. Gina meanwhile wonders to herself, what Aranza's reaction will be to finding out the truth.