|33| Old Habits

"My hands, they were strong. But my knees were far to weak, to stand in your arms without falling to your feet."

-Set Fire to the Rain

Adele

ARIANA'S POV

A small smile creeps onto my face as he leaves the studio.

"Awww." Jessie teases.

Fuck. All this time, I was preparing for this moment, and it hits me like a truck with no warning. I thought I could do it.

"Damn it, Nicki!" I yell at her.

"Well, I'm sorry. I thought he would want to see you. The look on your face was priceless." She replies.

"You can't fucking spring that on me like that!" I tell her.

"Why not? You said you were over him. Hell, you wrote 'Problem' about him. So, did you lie? Are you still hung up on him?" She asks.

"Ooh. This is gettin' good..." Brian says.

"Shh!" Scott whispers.

"Of course I'm not! I don't have feelings for him anymore! How many times do I have to tell you before you get it through your thick skull?!" I yell.

"I wouldn't have to question you if I didn't see that longing look in your eyes when you saw him. Do you still--"

"Don't you dare use the word!"

"Do you still love him, Ariana? It's been two years--"

"Don't you think I know that? I don't love him anymore. That's for sure, but that doesn't mean I was ready to see him!" I argue.

"Well, too late for that now. Y'know it almost seems like the reason you didn't want to see him is because you don't want him to see what you've become." She says.

"I have no shame." I retort.

"No shame in objectifying yourself." She adds.

"Oh, says the girl who's only famous for her ass."

"STOP!" Jessie intervenes. "God, you both act like children! Nicki, you should've told her before you brought them. Ari, she was only trying to help so stop acting like it's you against the world. Now say sorry, both of you."

"Is she serious?" Nicki asks.

"We're not in preschool." I tell her.

"Well, you act like you are." Jessie says.

I roll my eyes. "Fine. I guess I overreacted, and I'm sorry."

Nicki sighs. "And maybe I should've given you a heads up before bringing them. I'm sorry."

"Yay! Group hug!" Jessie says, engulfing us in her embrace. I seriously think she's high right now...

"And Nicki, I'm sorry for what I said. You're not just famous for your ass." I tell her.

"I know. It just happens to be my greatest asset." She laughs.

"So what are you gonna do about the whole 'your house, one direction, love me harder' thing?" Jessie asks.

"Simple. I'll call in my reinforcements...." I answer with a smirk.

I pull out my phone and texts the three different phone numbers:

"My place at midnight."

HARRY'S POV

We all laugh as Louis makes a fool of himself once again, as I pet my cat whose perched in my lap.