|35| False Hope

"Stayin' in my play pretend where the fun ain't got no end. Can't go home alone again need someone to numb the pain."

-Habits(Stay High)

Tove Lo

HARRY'S POV

I walk back inside of the conference room, to find Scooter and his little team packing up their things.

"Harry, was there something you needed?" Angela asks.

"Um, you kind of just threw me into your little plan. Selena agreed to it, I did not." I tell him.

"Well, since I'm in charge of you and the boys while you're here, much like Ariana, it doesn't matter whether you want to or not." Scooter shrugs.

"In the eyes of the public, she's dating Big Sean." I state.

"Pesky little rumors." Melinda waves it off. "Get them to say that they're strictly friends on a few radio shows, and voilà, she's all yours."

"But she doesn't want to be mine!" I defend her.

"It doesn't matter. Look, we do what's best for the clients, and what's best for the company. Ariana will not stop this behavior unless we get someone who can make her." Mark says.

"Why did you choose me?" I question.

"Because she worked with you before, it's just that she didn't know about it. Now she does, and this time you won't play her." Bridgette states.

"No. I mean, why was it me two years ago?" I ask.

"Because when she saw you, there was a little twinkle in her eye." Scooter answers shortly.

ARIANA'S POV

I pull into my driveway, parking the car. I take out my phone, and dial Miley's number.

"Hey." She says.

"Hey, uh, you wanna hang out today?" I ask.

"Sure. I'd love to hear about your problems." She replies.

"Haha. Very funny. Bring Selena." I tell her.

"Oui, madame." She responds.

"It's mademoiselle. I've never been married." I correct her French.

"Oh, shut up." She dismisses me before hanging up.

I get out of the car, and go inside my house.

"Lexie!" I call out.

"Kitchen!" She calls back.

I enter the kitchen to find her and Frankie.

"Hey, Frank." I say, giving him a hug. "When did you get back from New York?"

"Around ten." He answers, and I look at the clock. It's already noon. Maybe that meeting was longer than I thought.

"Well, it's official. Hariana is back together." I tell them.

"What?! You took him back?!" Alexa exclaims.

"Ha! I knew it! Pay up, I want my twenty bucks." Frankie says to Alexa, holding his hand out to except the money.

"Stop betting on my life problems!" I tell them. "I don't want to, but Scooter and his little ass kissers are forcing me."

In my head, I'm viciously murdering Melinda.

"Well, what are you gonna do?" Lexie asks.

I sigh. "I'm gonna party my ass off while I still have some freedom."