|26| In For a Scare.... (part 2)

"Let's make the most of the night, like we're gonna die young."

-Die Young

Ke$ha

ARIANA'S POV

We walk into the party, and it's already going wild. The group disperses, each of us taking our own path. I notice Lindsey makes a run for the liquor, and I shake my head at the sight. As I'm walking I fan myself, and something catches my eye. Or rather, someone.

I must say, he's a sight for sore eyes. He looks my way, and I direct my attention elsewhere, though I can feel his gaze still on me. I look over at him to see if he is still staring, and our eyes lock. He shoots me a smile, and I swear, it could light up the whole world. Or at least mine. Either way, he has me grinning like a fool.

Neither of us make a move to approach each other, we just stare. We stare at each other like we're the only two here. But then I'm pulled out of our locked gaze when Alexa drags me to the dance floor.

I try to keep my eyes on him, but he gets lost in the crowd. I bring my focus back to Alexa, and we both squeal when they play 'California Gurls' by Katy Perry. As we're dancing, Selena comes over with a guy. He's not that bad looking.

"Ari, this is Nathan Sykes from 'The Wanted'. Nathan this is the little bitch." Selena introduces us, then her and Alexa leave.

"Hi." I smile. Let's hope he's not one of those guys that start flirting right when they meet you.

"Hello." He replies. "Tell me, what's a pretty girl like you doing here without a man on your arm?" And he's one of 'em.

"Uhm. He went to go get me a drink." I lie on the spot.

"Really? So which guy is he? The one that's so drunk, he's about to pass out, or the one that's eating the face off that girl with pink, purple, and blue hair?" He asks, and I gulp. Damn it, Lindsey.

"The one that's right behind you." Someone says. Nathan moves to the side, and the same guy I saw across the room, walks up to me, handing me a drink. Relief washes over me. He hooks his around my waist, and Nathan nods before awkwardly waving goodbye.

"Thank you so much." I tell him as he releases me.

"No problem. Sean Anderson, but I go by Big Sean." He holds his hand out for me to shake.

"Ariana Grande, but I go by Ariana Grande." I joke, shaking his hand.

He laughs. Before we can continue our conversation, we both cheer as they play 'Thriller' by Michael Jackson.

"I'd love to continue talking to you, but would you mind being a zombie real quick?" He asks, holding his hand out for me to take, and I grin.

"There is nothing that would bring me more joy." I say, taking his hand, and we rush to the center of the dance floor.

We laugh and dance, both of us doing the parts of the dance that we remember. He takes my hand, and spins me around before mocking the words that the creepy man says at the end.

"And though you fight to stay alive, your body starts to shiver. For no mere mortal can resist the evil of the thriller." He says the last part, and I burst into laughter as he tries to imitate the evil laugh at the end.

We go back towards a corner to talk without the music blasting in our ears.

He speaks into my ear, "What are you doing in California?" But before I can answer, someone says, "Sean!" Maybe a better word would be 'screeches'.

I turn to see who spoke, and I gasp at the sight of her. She stares at me. Or more glares at me.

Nonetheless, I start fangirling. "Holy shitballs! You're the Naya Rivera! I love your character on 'Glee', Santana. She's such a bitch." I say to her, and she smiles, and boy is it a fake smile if I've ever seen one.