|53| Hopelessly Devoted To You

"We're not broken just bent, and we can learn to love again."

-P!nk ft. Nate Reuss
Just Give Me A Reason

HARRY'S POV

What am I even doing? How am I supposed to get past this? Our relationship is a nightmare to her. How do I even begin to apologize for all my mistakes after what I did? Let alone actually try to move forward with her. I'm such a fuck up. And I don't want to hurt her. But at the same time, I can feel the old flame being lit slowly by one fiery ember at a time.

I'm starting to feel again, and I feel her. Call me selfish, but I can't seem to let her go. And I don't want to.

LIAM'S POV

I wait. I pace the hallway, waiting for something. I don't know what, though. Am I expecting her to come out of his room, and jump into my arms? No. An explanation would be nice. Why'd she seem so attached to Haz?

I saw it. The little look was there. The look that changes everything. But she'll deny it into her grave. Doesn't mean it's not there.

I don't think she lied to me. I think she's confused about what she wants. She wants what she can't have, and with that look added on to that...... If the look is there, then I shouldn't be.

But then she opens the door.

ARIANA'S POV

"I'm sorry." Harry tells me. Again.

"I know. You've said it more times than necessary." I sigh, my head resting on his abdomen. We're currently watching some show that I'm not really paying much mind to.

I feel Haz runs his fingers through my hair, and I relax a bit.

My phone buzzes beside me, and I grab it, checking the notification. It's a text from Liam:

Liam: I'm waiting...

I immediately know what he means considering I basically told him I have feelings for him, and then he witnessed me having a tender moment with Haz. I'm messing with his emotions, but I'm not trying to.

"Babe, you okay?" Harry pulls me out of my thoughts.

I nod. "Yeah, I'm good."

He sighs, and sits up, leading me to sit up as well. "You told me you were fine earlier, and look where that led us."

"I'm fine now. I promise." I look directly into his eyes, and tell him truthfully.

"Baby, you don't have to lie to me." He says, caressing my cheek.

"I'm not lying. And I'm also not your baby. We broke up, remember?" I snap at him, pulling his hand away from my face.

The look that comes across his face is full of regret, and I almost feel guilty for killing his little fantasy that we're a thing now.

"I-I thought--"

"Well, you thought wrong! Look, I told you I'm not going back to the way I was. And the way I was.... was with you. I can't put myself through that again." I admit to him.

"I promise you I will never do that to you ever again. All I'm asking for is a second chance. One more chance to prove that I can be the man for you. I can be the man you need." He begs me, and I stand up from his bed where we were previously laying down.

"Tell me why." I saw in a low voice, turning away from him.

"What?" He questions, indicating that he couldn't hear me.

"Tell me why you deserve a second chance!" I raise my voice, spinning around to stare into his green hues.

He gives me a look that tells me he has an answer, but he won't say it. I lift my eyebrow at him expectantly.