|56| We're Two Fucked Up People Who Are Too Fucked Up to Realize It

"I can tell that you've been cryin' all night, drinkin' all summer. Prayin' for your happiness, and hope that you'll recover."

-Shot For Me

Drake

WARNING: INTIMATE CONTENT, HELLA FEELS BYE.

ARIANA'S POV

I bring my fist up, and knock on the door. After a few agonizingly slow moments, Harry opens the door. He can't mask the surprise on his face, and I can't blame him. I didn't expect me to show up here either.

I avoid his gaze as I step inside. He closes the door behind me, and I sit down on the sofa. I'm fully aware off my stiffness, and stoic demeanor, but I can't help it. The whole Justin and Selena thing really opened my eyes. I'm done playing around. I'm done being a hoe to hide the pain, I just want to be me.

"How's Selena doing?" Harry asks, sitting down in the armchair to the left of the sofa.

"She's been better. But I think she'll be alright. Eventually." I reply shortly.

"But that's not why you came." He states, knowing me too well.

I look deep into his forest green orbs. "I'm done with this act. If you want my forgiveness, I need you to convince me that you deserve it. I think I want you to deserve it."

He just looks at me for a while.

"Say something. Please." I beg.

He sighs, and moves to sit next to me on the loveseat. Ironic name for a couch seating ex-lovers.

"It's not what you want to hear..." He trails off.

"I don't know what I'm hoping to hear." I confess to him.

"Ari, I don't have an answer yet. I'm confused on things right now, and I need you to give me some space while I figure this out. While we figure this out. You need time to find yourself again, and I'm willing to give you that." He responds.

I take in a deep breath. "You're right. That's not what I was looking for.... I'll let myself out." I stand up to leave, when he grasps my wrist lightly. It's such a light touch, if I wasn't searching for some type of contact with him, I wouldn't have felt it at all.

"Stay. For old times' sake." Haz pleads, and I comply, sitting back down on the couch.

He turns on the TV, though I can feel his gaze on me instead of the screen. I looked over at him, and a small grin spread across his features.

"What are you all cheeky about, Styles?" I raise an eyebrow at him.

"You." He states simply, scooting closer to me.

"I never got to ask what you did on the break. Besides dumping Kendall, and tatting yourself up." I nudge him playfully, and he chuckles in response. Before he can open his mouth, I cut him off. "Wait, wait, wait! I wanna guess."

"Alright, go ahead." He smiles at me, playing along with it.

"You....... stayed in your mom's house a lot. Spent most of the time either reminiscing with your mom and sister, or in bed with your sweet Kenny baby." I make kissing noises, and he genuinely laughs. "After you dumped Kendall, you spent your nights getting piss drunk and getting dumb tattoos that you were definitely gonna regret in the morning. And that's it."

He nods. "Yep. You pretty much covered everything in those two years. Except, I completely meant to get these tats."

"Oh really? Every single one of them?" I challenge him.