|44| Here To Stay

"Bitch, never left but I'm back at it."

-Feelin' Myself

Nicki Minaj ft. Beyoncé

ARIANA'S POV

I wave bye to Sean as he pulls out of the driveway. I walk inside my house, locking the door behind me. I quietly walk towards the kitchen to get an ice pack or something. I'm honestly not surprised that I'm sore from the way he was pounding into me. I take off my heels so they don't click on the floor, and tiptoe towards the kitchen. God, I feel like a teenager sneaking in after curfew. I continue my slow trek, but come to a stop when I hear the sound of paws hitting the floor, their nails grazing over the wood. Shit.

My dogs come in to sight, racing towards me, barking loudly. They reach me and start jumping at my feet.

"No no no. Shhhh." I hush them in a low whisper. I kneel down, and properly greet them. "Hi. How are you guys?" I ask in a baby voice, scratching Fawkes behind her ear.

"Well, look who's here..." Alexa appears in front of me, arms crossed, a little smirk on her face.

"Hey." I smile nervously. "What's up?"

"You tell me. I thought you said after you went to the club, you'd come home." She says.

I shrug. "Change of plans."

"So where were you?"

"With Harry...."

"Doing what?"

"We talked for a while then....."

"Then?" She urges.

"We had sex...." I mumble.

"What?!" She exclaims.

"It just kind of happened. Just like I kind of don't regret it...." I trail off, playing with my fingers.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" Lexie questions.

"What?" I ask, not seeing why she's freaking out.

"You fucked Harry!" She yells.

The dogs start getting rowdy from the shouting so I shoo them off, standing up to finish this conversation with Alexa.

"Lex, I don't think it's that big of deal." I tell her.

"Of course you don't because you seem to have amnesia that I had to drag you out of the hole you put yourself in after he left you. He wasn't there to pick up the pieces, I was. And now, after you've finally recovered, you go and jump back on his dick!"

"Look, people change. I think he's changed."

She chuckles darkly. "Yeah, I'm sure they do. You changed, Ari. You told Harry that the old you was weak. She wasn't, she was stronger than anyone I've ever known. You're the weak one. You are the disgrace. It's sad really."

"Alexa, what's gotten into you?" I question. She can't mean what she's saying right now.

"This new Ari was okay at first, but now I'm getting really tired of you confusing your best friend with your lapdog." She tells me, then storms off to her room, leaving me standing here in shock.

My best friend is fed up with me. Maybe it wasn't the best idea to do that with Harry, but I needed to. It's hard to explain. I didn't so much as need the sex, but rather I needed to have him that close to me in an intimate way. I don't know where it will lead, but for right now I think this thing with me and Harry will only get better. And Alexa doesn't agree with me on that. But it's my life not hers, so what she thinks doesn't really matter that much.