2

CHAPTER TWO || INFECTED

—————————————————————————-

Glenn stared down at Alex who was lying Asleep on the makeshift bed in the guard tower after having kept Glenn company while he was keeping watch during the Night. He sat Admiring her, how peaceful she looked while sleeping, Glenn smiled to himself as he thought how lucky he was. He loved her so much, He truly thought she was the most beautiful woman he'd ever laid eyes on, he admired how her hair fell perfectly framing her face even in her sleep. He carefully reached into his bag, pulling out an old Polaroid camera as he edged himself closer to her. eager to capture her beauty so he would never forget this moment, how perfect things were between them.

looking through the viewfinder of the camera he smiled clicking the button that would capture her beauty in a photograph. the snapshot sound that came from the camera startled Alex, waking her up her eyes peeled open to see Glenn cheerfully waiting for the Polaroid to escape the camera, a soft chuckle leaving his lips as he grinned ear to ear mumbling a; "sorry"

Alex smiled immediately seeing his happiness, waking up to Glenn was always something that left her in disbelief, she couldn't grasp how she'd become so lucky. or what she had done to deserve such a beautiful man, who treated her so well.

"changing guard?" Alex asked wondering what he was doing next throughout the day, Glenn nodded running a hand through his hair, his contagious smile still plastered across his face.

"I'll bring you breakfast after perimeter check." He smiled leaning forward so he could press a kiss to Alex's lips, which she gratefully returned. before reaching for the Polaroid he'd just taken off her. breaking the kiss she glanced at the photo she chuckled in disbelief shaking it.

"oh my god. throw that away" she said as she sat up, Glenn shaking his head as he took the photo back, looking down at it with a smile on his face. his first ever photo of her, absolutely not, he wanted to keep it. to remind him of this exact moment.

"yeah.. not gonna happen" He smiled licking his lips, as he reached for his bag, a smile showing up on Alex's face. The warmth that rushed through her body was indescribable, a feeling she wasn't familiar with until now until he came into her life. 

"it's mine" He gushed looking at the photo, as he got up grabbing his things before he opened the hatch in the floor that lead down out of the tower.  As he made his way into the hatch, his hand still on it to close the hatch behind him, Alex pressed a kiss to the back of his hand before he closed it. leaving her in a good mood for the day by purely just being himself.

The way he made her feel was unreal, like nothing she'd ever felt before. it was a new feeling, one that filled her with happiness. his kindness, his touch. She just wanted him all the time. attention wasn't ever something she craved until she felt his touch.

he'd bring her breakfast... Alex had never felt this way before, this cared for. Despite the fact she hadn't said those three words, she loved him. Yet a part of her was still scared to say it. but she did. She loved him, he was beautiful, he was kind. how could she not? 

**

"Hey how's farming?" Alex chuckled as she leant against the pig pen where her uncle and Cousin were feeding the pigs, Both Carl and Rick looking at Alex like she'd intruded on an important conversation. which she had, and she could tell by the annoyance the expression on Carl's face displayed. 

"it's great" Rick replied, yet the look on Carl's face said otherwise, it wasn't difficult to tell the new rules that had been put in place were hard to get used to. Rick wouldn't Allow Carl to carry a gun, Rick didn't even carry himself. She didn't blame her uncle for the decisions he'd made, and she felt a twinge of Guilt for training Sam behind her uncle's back but she wanted to be prepared for the future even if they were safe. you could never be too sure.