7

CHAPTER SEVEN || THE FALL

—————————————————————————

Alex had barely left Glenn's side in the Two days he'd been Recovering, He'd made improvements which Alex was more than happy about. He could breathe on his own and was waking up. But he was still weak. he let out a long breath as he laid in the makeshift bed in his Cell in death row. Alex's hand wrapped tightly around his like a vice Afraid if she'd let go he'd just disappear. when she held him when he was gasping for air, she felt like he was slipping through her fingers like she was watching him fade away... and she never wanted to feel that again. 

"I could use a vacation" He mumbled, Alex shook her head a small smile tugging at her lips as she looked down at him, his thumb weakly caressing her hand, as the colour had slow began returning to his face, she couldn't take her eyes off him, she couldn't and she didn't want to. 

"a getaway" He smiled softly despite his pain, Alex couldn't help but smile at his words. The pain in her chest having eased knowing he was okay it hadn't completely disappeared, it lingered.  it lingered with the rest of her pain, the rest of her trauma. none of it wanted to go away.  and now her opinion was changing she wasn't sure if she wanted it to go away, despite the fact she never wanted to feel how she did in certain moments again, she remembered what it felt like to lose Lori, lose Eli, to feel Glenn slipping through her fingers. 

"you know our anniversary is coming up.. well from the day we first met" Glenn smiled looking up at the blue-eyed woman her eyes glued to him as her smile grew. She hadn't even thought about that. 

"it is?" She questioned having lost track of the days, her concept of time having completely disappeared, she had no idea how she and Eli had managed to keep track of the days before because now she couldn't even take a guess.

"one of these days" he chuckled, his thumb gently caressing the skin on the back of Alex's hand, Alex stared at him an indescribable feeling flooding through her body as she bent down to kiss his cheek, quickly hugging him to reassure herself he was okay. Glenn's free hand gently rubbed her back as she did. 

"I'm gonna get you some water" She whispered pulling herself from him. He tilted his head squeezing her hand. She didn't have to do that, he was more than capable, it would just take him longer than normal.

"I can get it" Alex shook her head, she wanted to look after him, protect him, she needed him to be okay, she couldn't feel like that again, she gently squeezed his hand reassuringly as her eyes met his. he was weak, the colour had only just begun returning to his face, yet he was beautiful.

"I know... but I'm doing it" Her voice was soft as her hand rested on his side as she edged closer to him, the admiration in his eyes never seemed to fade. slowly she closed the gap between them pressing a gentle kiss to his lips which he gratefully returned, smiling into the kiss, before she gently pulled away.

"I love you," she whispered, those words left her lips for the first time as a warm feeling rushed through her body. She slowly pulled away with a smile almost matching Glenn's, his cheerful smile almost grinning ear to ear as he heard those words leave Alex's mouth, love flooded through his body as heat rose on his cheeks, all it took was those words to make him blush, those words meant more to him than any compliment he could've received.

"I love you too. so much" She was never sure she'd say those words, but she did. She loved him. he had a place in her heart no one else could. his eyes, the way he smiled, he filled Alex with feelings she'd never felt, and that was love.