42

CHAPTER FORTY-TWO || IN EVERY ASPECT OF THE WORD

"Lex, Alex wake up. we're here" The gentle voice of Glenn as he nudged her shoulder gently woke alex from her deep slumber in the car, Peeling her eyes open the sun burnt her iris'. Rubbing the sleep from her eyes Alex nodded scanning her surroundings. A big metal gate stood tall before the cars. Anxiety instantly flooded her stomach as she took Glenn's hand as her husband led her out of the car.

"Josh" Alex nodded signalling for him and Carl to stay behind both her and Glenn, The two boys followed her instructions. standing behind them, protection always came first. her boys and Judith. Their safety always came first. Alex gulped her eyes darting between different members of the group trying to get a feel for the emotion that lingered in the air.

Yet, Daryl, Rick, Carol and Abraham's expressions were stone cold, Expecting the worst. And so was she. Terminus had changed the way Alex's mind processed the new world. Terminus, Cannibals. that's what she was expecting as Glenn took her hand waiting for the gates to open.

a rattling Came from Alex's left, Starling her she instantly reached for her gun. Yet in seconds Daryl had already put a stop to the noise with a quick trigger pull of his Crossbow. The small mammal now impaled on an arrow as the gates opened. Alex's heart racing as she and Daryls eyes met as the brooding man picked up the small animal.

Turning back to look at the gates Alex squeezed Glenn's hand, Three men stood staring at the group. One man, with almost shoulder-length blonde hair stepped forward upon seeing Aaron. The unfamiliar man's posture almost mimics the same caution of ricks, as Daryl piped up eyes narrowed as he held up the possum: "We brought dinner"

the same man with almost shoulder-length hair stepped forward, Alex's eyes narrowing as she focused on the way his eyes traced each member of the group waiting on the outside of the gates. The man's body radiating distrust. His eyes met alex fueling her unease as Aaron Cleared his throat.

"Come on in Guys" Aaron gestured toward the gates as he walked through. Alex's heart racing as terminus rushed through her mind. Hers darted to Glenn before flickering back to Josh and Carl who remained behind them. Alex nodded almost trying to reassure herself as she followed Glenn's lead walking through the Gates.

The group's hearts all seemed to race as they walked through, The screeching of metal that followed as the gates began closing behind them made Alex gulp. Pushing the dread back down to wherever it had remained dormant within her body.

The same Blonde man who'd caused Alex to raise a brow stepped Forward, Another man beside him, Dark curly-haired. Alex's hand rested by her thigh, Inches away from the holster that laid there, Inches away from her gun. She was Ready. but as the man Spoke that readiness diminished: "Before we go any further, we need you to turn over your weapons... stay, you hand them over"

"We don't know if we want to stay" Rick's voice returned to the same cold way it had been when the group had first encountered Aaron. Everyones grasps on their weapons tightened, Despite everyone's hardened exteriors. They were scared. Scared of being defenceless.

"It's fine Nicolas" Aaron dismissed his order, Yet the man beside him ran a hand through his blonde locks shaking his head, His jaw clenched tight as his eyes examined the group in front of him, scanning each individual with precision before voicing his opinion: "No its Not."

"If we were gonna use them, we would've started already" Rick scoffed, His Baby girl in his arm, while his free hand clenched his revolver. Alex's eyes focused on The blonde man as Glenn reassuringly caressed the back of her hand.

"Let them talk to Deanna first Tyler" Aaron's words directed to the Blonde man, almost sending him a warning glare. Tyler's eyes scanned the group as his eyes met Alex she watched as his eyes focused in on the two young boys stood behind her.