18

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN || THE GREAT ESCAPE

—————————————————————————

Alex released Glenn from his restraints as Rick did the same For Daryl and Bob. Helping Glenn to his feet, he pulled the gag from his mouth before pulling Alex into his arms. A look of concern in his eyes when Alex broke the hug. how'd she got to them? questions could be answered later, they needed to get out Alive first. 

"if they got problems, we got a chance" Rick stated pulling the machete from the man's hand Alex had shot down. now they had to get back to everyone else. Get everyone out alive. 

"Sounds Like a bomb" Glenn exclaimed looking for a weapon he could use to fight his way out, Alex walked beside him her clammy hands clutching her gun tightly. 

"sounds like a damn war" Daryl grunted as he got up, Alex looked around the room realisation setting in. These people were cannibals. it was nauseating, setting up signs, giving people hope. just to lead them here. 

"good thing you got me then," Alex remarked, Referring to her time in the army. Glenn, Alex, Daryl and Bob followed Rick, Alex staying beside him Gun raised just in case. Her military Training still in full use. As they entered a room, The sight sent a shiver down Alex's spine. Body parts, Blood, Saws.

"you cross any of these people, you kill them.. don't hesitate, they won't" Rick ordered as they walked through the room, bloodied torsos hanging from chains the sight reminding Alex to never leave Glenn's side again. Glenn Picked up a Machete as Alex and Rick approached the door. Glancing out the glass panel they could see the horror outside. Walkers, Flames. The cannibals fighting for their lives against The herd of walkers that had been drawn to Terminus.

"if we run we can get by them. They're distracted." Rick explained looking out at a train car which Alex assumed had people in due to the abundance of walkers surrounding it. her mind wondered to the rest of her family, they had to get to them. 

"We got to let those people out" Glenn reminded yet he was only met with unsure looks from the rest of the Group... Risking time, Risking their lives while their people were still in danger...

"that's still who we are" He stated shaking his head as he looked to Alex wanting her to Agree, There was never a reason not to save people.at least to him, humanity was still important. He looked back to Rick who sighed with a small nod before he opened the door.

Alex Followed her uncle out the door, Glenn, Daryl and Bob on their tail as they emerged from the safety of the room Into a walker-infested terminus. screams of the people terminus had captured filling Alex's ears as the group charged toward the walkers surrounding the Train Car.

Alex Pistol whipped one of the walkers, The butt of her rifle crashing into its skull as the rest of the group Attacked the surrounding walkers. Glenn rushed to the train car upon opening the door a man rushed out attacking Glenn, Causing Alex to spin aiming her weapon toward the man. 

"we're the same!" he chanted his voice crazed As Rick pulled him away from Glenn. The look in the man's eyes one of Paranoia as Alex pulled Glenn around the corner. a scream coming from the man who'd attacked Glenn, as a walker attacked him.  Glenn's desire to be a good person putting him in danger, she knew it would happen. she knew his kindness and generosity was too strong, yet she wouldn't change it. she'd never change him.  

"come on!" Rick ordered, Blood pounding against Alex's eardrums as Glenn escaped her Grip the baseball bat in his hand coming down on the Walker who attacked The man. Daryl Immediately grabbed Glenn's shirt Pulling him back around The train Car, The man's Unwavering humanity Putting him in Danger as Alex sent him a look.