24

CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR || TENSIONS RISING

————————————————————————-

Alex sat beside Glenn, His arm draped around Her waist as her head rested on his shoulder, Trying to stay positive. The tension throughout the room had heightened, and The happiness that had once consumed the group had diminished. Bob, Daryl and Carol were missing.

Rick, Sasha and Tyreese had Gone to try and find them. It was quiet, Silent even. Despite the situation and The Anxiety that ran through Alex's body Just purely knowing Glenn was beside her Gave her some sort of peace.

"you think he likes her?" She heard Glenns whisper making her tilt her head up to look at him, His gaze shifted toward her best friend. Eli. Sat beside Maggie as he gently rubbed her back as she looked down at a bible. Alex could tell purely by the Look in his eye he was trying to Comfort her.

"Maybe, She just lost her Dad Glenn.. and her sister. Eli's a good guy, he wouldn't hurt her if that's what you're worried about. If anyone can make her feel better it's him.. he's good at that" She Whispered her eyes fixated on her best friend, Alex's eyes flickered to Maggie knowing how much the girl had lost in such a short period of time, and now with Daryl, bob and carol missing she deserved someone to make her feel better. and Eli was always the best at that.

It was True. Eli was the type of person who radiated positivity, even when He didn't. He'd always managed to make Alex feel better. He'd managed to pull her from Every Flashback she'd had when she was around him. He reminded her of Glenn,  They were the most caring people she'd ever met. Even in situations like these, people like Glenn, Eli. They made things better. they made the world a better place purely by just being there.

The sound of the church door rattling open made their heads turn, Alex watched as her Uncle walked back inside,Tyreese, and Sasha followed. No one else. Alex took a breath knowingly, the dangers of being outside surrounded by darkness, walkers. she gulped as anxiety flowed through her body watching as Sasha stormed up to Gabriel. no happiness could ever last long. 

"Stop.. what are you doing?" She spat, Anger lacing her tone, The worry for Bob consumed her. Alex lifted her head from Glenn's shoulder getting up, Gleenn followed Alex as they approached the commotion standing close to Sasha and Rick.  

"you show up, we're being watched. And now three of us are gone" Sasha Demanded to know what was going on. Alex looked up to her uncle hoping they'd found at least a sign indicating where the others had gone, Yet he only shook his head. She sighed her eyes darting back to Sasha as she edged closer to the priest. 

"i... I don't have anything to do with this" Gabriel replied looking between other members of the group worry laced his voice, a panicked expression plastered onto his face. Sasha pulled a blade from her waist taking a step toward him, anger surged through her veins, patience wearing thin. 

"don't," Alex warned, She wanted to find them. She did. But she wasn't convinced the priest had anything to do with it. He was a coward. and pulling a knife on him wouldn't do shit if he was innocent.

"Sasha put it away," Tyreese warned. in reality, if it wasn't him...  if it wasn't Gabriel he'd given them a chance to regroup and collect supplies. killing him, hurting him wasn't needed just yet.

"Who's out there?" Sasha questioned, Knife in hand ready to lunge forward. Her eyes fixated on the priest as he desperately looked around the room for help; His hands up in defeat.

"I don't have anything to do with this" He repeated, The tension throughout the room grew as Sasha got in the man's face anger controlling her actions as she shouted; " Where are our People?"