20

CHAPTER TWENTY || I LOVE HER

i listened to 'to build a home' while writing

__________________________________

Alex laid Asleep, Her head laid in Glenn's lap, His fingers entangled in her hair gently massaging her scalp. As for the first time in a while, she fell into a Comfortable sleep. The way his finger ever so gently ran against her scalp in such a comforting manner sent her to sleep in seconds. playing with each other's hair had become more than just about comfort, it was their subtle way of showing their affection, showing how much they loved each other. and even out in the danger of the world either playing with Glenn's hair, or Glenn playing with hers was enough for smile's to be etched onto their faces as their stomachs erupted with butterflies.

Glenn stared down at the woman he loved, admiring the way the light from the fire accentuated her features, a look of peace and calm on her face as he ran his fingers gently through her hair. as she slept he finally was able to take a moment and remind himself, she was still there, she was okay, and they were together. the love that ran through his veins he'd only believed existed in movies, yet here he was so deeply in love he couldn't imagine his life without her.

Everyone in the group settled down for the night, Most now Asleep. The only ones who remained awake; Glenn, Rick, Carl, Eli and Abraham. Glenn couldn't fathom how he'd been so lucky to find Alex, The love he felt for her was stronger than he ever could've imagined a year ago when the pair had first met. He wanted everything with her, He so desperately wanted to protect her from the world and keep his promise, and he would. He'd do anything he could to give her the life she deserved.

tearing his eyes away from the woman he loved, He glanced across from him his eyes meeting Alex's Uncle. A question that had been on the tip of his tongue since the prison crossed his mind. although the world's old ideology had disappeared he still wanted to make sure the possibility of a future was still there, he wanted humanity to be just as strong as it once was. and he wanted Alex to be his, forever and always.

"Rick?" His voice was quiet careful not to wake anyone up as he tried catching Rick's attention, His heartbeat increasing as he went to ask a question that would inevitably change everything, a question he knew he'd end up asking from the second he'd promised to give Alex the life she deserved.

"Hm?" Rick hummed watching over his sleeping daughter as Carl sat beside him, Both of their eyes falling on Glenn, Eli's too. Anxiety pooled within Glenn's stomach as his eyes darted between the people who meant the most to his girlfriend.

"Actually all three of you.." His chest constricting as he hoped for the answers he wanted as all their eyes fell on him, his mind burning as he fought to figure out how he could word the question, his fingers still gently massaging Alex's scalp as she slept peacefully.

"Eli I don't know you that well yet.. but I know you're a huge part of Alex's life so I wanted to ask you too" Glenn took a breath as he glanced down at the girl who laid in his lap, The butterflies in his stomach erupting as he thought of what could be possible in the future.

"Rick, Carl.. Alex is your family, so I want to ask the both of you." Their eyes glued to the Korean as he spoke softly, his eyes continuing to flicker down to Alex, admiring her. A small smile tugged at Rick's lips, he could tell Glenn loved her, everyone could.

"After what's happened, I don't want to wait anymore... Rick I want to marry your niece. I love her so much, and I want her to know that." He took a breath as his gaze darted between the three, his anxiety growing as he found the confidence to ask.

"After today... I don't know if I'll get another chance. I'm asking if all three of you would give me your blessing" Glenn smiled a sense of Anxiety lacing his last words as he looked up at Rick. A soft smile tugged at Rick's lips as he looked at the man who saved his life.. right at the beginning. From that moment, The moment Glenn risked his life for Rick, Rick knew Glenn was Family. and now he'd proved it.

"you looked after her while I couldn't when we were at the prison. I can never thank you enough for that.... there's no one I'd trust more with her life than you, of course, you have my blessing Glenn" Rick nodded, his debt to the boy could never be repaid, Yet he was thankful to truly make him part of their family. The smile on Glenn's face only grew as he Got Rick's blessing, His eyes flickered down to her cousin, and Carl looked at Glenn with a smile.

"yeah.." Carl smiled his eyes darting down to his cousin who laid Asleep across Glenn's lap. As the young boy remembered his mom's last words, his heart clenched as he glanced to his cousin his thoughts lingering on his mom.

"Mom knew... My mom knew you two would end up together, she said it to Alex..." The small smile on carls face grew as he thought back to his mom, How much he missed her... Glenn's heart ached as he thought of the people he lost, And how he couldn't ask Lori the same question he was asking her son...Rick's eyes flickered between his son and niece as his mind wondered back to his wife, as his hand went to his son's shoulder. Glenn looked at Eli, His heart needing the same Answer. He wanted, No, he needed Alex to know he wasn't going anywhere.

"I know Alex, I've seen everything that girl's been through.. things you can't even begin to imagine. yet I've never seen her happier than I have when she's with you, In the two days I've seen you together and that's all I need to know. you said she needs me, but you're wrong.. she needs you" Eli smiled softly, his words bringing raw emotion to Glenn's heart as his smile grew again.

Looking down at the girl who laid peacefully asleep, He swore he couldn't love her more, yet there was always tomorrow.. his love for her grew with every waking moment, Every time he looked at her, the love in his heart grew. He didn't care how complicated life got, He knew, he'd still want her.

"thank you... I'll look after her" Glenn smiled, His fingers gently running through Alex's hair as she shifted against his thigh in her sleep before she stilled, his warmth and the comfort of his fingers playing with her hair enough to keep her comfortably asleep.

"I know you will" Rick smiled his eyes shifting to his niece. Glenn gave him peace of mind, Peace of mind there was someone else looking out for his niece. Looking out for his family. ever since he'd met her, no one else had been worth thinking about.

the silence returned to the group, As the remaining ones awake all began to settle aside from Rick and Abraham who were keeping Watch.

"sorry beautiful" Glenn whispered as he ever so gently repositioned Alex's head replacing his thigh with his jacket before he shifted moving to lay beside her, the lack of his warmth making her subconsciously reach out for him in her drowsy state, His arm automatically wrapped around the brunette pulling her into his chest.

Alex buried her face in his chest as his comfort immediately sent her to sleep, Glenn smiled pressing a kiss to her forehead as he settled against the hard ground of the forest floor closing his eyes.. his mind flooding with thoughts of the future.

-----

A/N- writers block has been kicking my ass today I was planning to get 7 chapters out today, but I got like 3 but that's okay, anyways sorry this chapter is so short just thought it was cute.

thank you for reading! i really appreciate votes and comments ily all sm