17

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN || NO SANCTUARY

TW: violence

__________________________________

Alex's heart raced as she plunged the Knife into a man's throat from behind she silently let him fall to the floor, blood poured from his neck covering her hands as she Crouched beside him Blood from the man she'd killed before having splattered onto her Face. she pulled his gun from his hand holding the rifle to her body.  A gun, better than a knife. one step closer to Glenn and Rick.

She couldn't shoot her way through, She didn't know how many people were left, How much manpower they had. She thought of it as A military op. She had no idea where Glenn and Rick were. She wracked her brain thinking of when she'd Walked through, The layout of the Place. Where they would've been taken.

Alex turned a corner, Her heart racing. Anger booming in her chest. She needed to find Glenn. Catching sight of two Men walking into a building she noticed their outfits as she peered out from behind another train car. why were they wearing aprons? 

Watching them Enter a building. Her Clammy hands gripped the gun tighter. Her eyes scanned her surroundings. Never let them see you coming. She caught sight of Another man approaching the train car she was hiding behind. In a split second, she'd moved to another. Her heart pounding against her chest as she watched the man. Gun in hand. clear mind. steady hands. Reaching to the Floor she saw a Brick. Picking it up she threw it with all her might. Distract the Enemy. Collect intel. Then move.

she watched as the Clang of the brick against the floor, Caught the man's attention. and he began walking straight to where she wanted him.  She watched him approach before fully crouching behind the train Car. As he got closer Rounding the Corner she was hiding behind her mind went Blank. She was on Autopilot. She was a soldier.

"make a sound I'll blow your fucking head off" She spat through gritted teeth, The look in her eyes one that hadn't been seen in years as the man's face dropped at the Gun pointed in his Face. Her steady hands aimed the gun at the man, a panicked expression etched onto his face as he stared into the emotionless blue eyes of Alex.  

a game of survival.

"Who are you?" his panicked voice rushed through her ears. Alex tore the Gun from his hands discarding it to the side before Gripping the collar of the man's shirt. she didn't have time for this. Her jaw clenched as she stared at the man. 

"Alex grimes" throwing him into the edge of the train car, he fell into a sitting position. hands held high in surrender. the woman in front of him was cold, not a drop of remorse running through her veins.

"Where are my people?" Her jaw clenched, Her words laced with evil. The man scoffed at her words. The blood splatter dripped down her face from her previous kills. her anger only grew when the man didn't answer straight away.

"Bleeding out" The man scoffed. Anger consumed her. Igniting a fire through her body. Dropping her gun to her side, it hung to her side from the strap that secured it to her body. Her Jaw clenched as her head tilted to the side. Her eyes darkened.

in seconds she'd pulled the dagger from her Pocket. She plunged the Knife into the man's Knee. Her free hand Automatically covered his mouth, Muffling his Scream. Blood leaked from his knee. pooling around the Knife. His eyes widened as he screamed into Alex's hand. pain consuming him as Alex twisted the knife into his Flesh. Her hand muffled another scream of pain from the man.

"tell me where they are. or I'll pop your goddamn knee off" She spat Anger lacing her threat, Not an ounce of bluff. the Man Mumbled beneath her hand. desperately, pain rushing through his body as his blood coated the woman's hands. 

"the building on the left side of the courtyard" He gasped, Pain rushing through his body. Alex Got up. Pulling the knife from his Flesh erupting another Groan of pain from him. Wiping the Knife against her thigh, Leaving a trail of Blood against her jeans She reached for her gun. tucking the knife back into the pocket of her military-issued jacket.

the butt of her Gun pummelled toward his Face. Forcefully Colliding with his nose. Sending his head back as he fell Unconscious. the cracking of bone filled her ears as she broke the man's nose. Her blue eyes Dark as she crouched peering out from behind the Train car, scanning her surroundings. no one.

With precision, she moved quickly to the next train car. Her heart racing. mind in the Clouds as she let her Training take over. Gun in hand she moved quickly. Flashing images of Rick and Glenn consumed her Brain. She needed to get to them before it was too late. That was her mission. Focus on the mission. Reaching the courtyard she Ducked behind a set of Trashcans Watching as a woman Entered the Build Alex needed to get into.

She scanned the building trying to Figure out a way to get in unnoticed. Be calm, quiet and collected. She took a breath as she scanned the outside of the building, Carefully making her way around to the north side.

An open door. An opportunity. Scanning her surroundings again. She took the opportunity as soon as it was Clear. Her heart pounding against her chest as she stormed into the building silently. The Layout almost seemed To be like a warehouse. Gun firmly in her hands as she Snuck through Another door Immediately catching sight of her uncle, Anger consuming his features. The four men from her group Gagged and tied up behind a metal tub of sorts.

She moved quickly. Every movement precise as she hid behind Metal cases and cabinets in the corner of the room, Her eyes Glued to her Family. The two men stood behind them With a Baseball Bat and knife, As bodies hung beside them bleeding out over the tub. Glenn was next... thee man wielding a Baseball bat stood behind Glenn. he was next. Alex's heart violently pounded against her ribcage as she poked her gun out from behind the cabinets. 

Shots. Gunshots filled her ears. The loud noise Echoed through the room Catching the ring leader, Gareth's attention. So much for being stealthy she thought. someone else had other ideas. Unsure of where the shots came from she stayed Hidden, watching as the ring leader Rushed from the warehouse to see where the Noise was coming from.

Another boom came which could only be described as a type of bomb, The noise sent Alex back to Afghanistan. As she noticed the two men stood behind Glenn look at each other in Confusion. Alex took the distraction as an opportunity, Peering Around the cabinet and Raising Her gun. timing's everything. Taking a breath she pulled the trigger sending a bullet through the man's skull who stood Behind Glenn, Her heart racing as she revealed herself from behind the cabinet.

In seconds Rick Had broken free of his restraints, Plunging a piece of sharpened wood into the second Guys throat quicker than Alex could pull the trigger. Alex let go of the gun, Letting it fall to her side Her heart raced as she rushed over to Glenn, Daryl and Bob.

"You alright? How'd you get out?" Rick questioned as Alex removed the restraints from the remaining Men. He noticed the blood covering his niece's Face filling him with dread his eyes fixated on her.

"It's not mine."

_______________