15

CHAPTER FIFTEEN || TERMINUS

—————————————————————————

"This is fucking Stupid." Josh sighed as he sat on the floor of what could only be described as their Cell, Yet it seemed to be more of a train car. Josh's head laid in his hands as he scolded himself for being so naive and thinking there was actually a chance of things going right for once, his stomach churned as he tried to fathom what he was supposed to do now... where he was supposed to go now.

"we're gonna get out of here alright kid." Alex sighed looking between the group before she got up again, running a hand through her hair needing to find a way out. They needed to find a way out.  yet getting out wasn't what Josh was worried about. The deal was getting him to Terminus... and it was the opposite of what he'd hoped it would be... was he going to end up alone again? 

Alex searched again her breathing almost erratic as She looked around the confined space, looking for any lock she could pick, Anything she could use to get out. Rick wasn't here, there was no sign he ever was, if he was still out there she had to get to him, she had to get Glenn safe. She couldn't stay in this box.

"that's the fourth time you've searched Lex. There's nothing in here" Eli said knowingly. Alex shook her head as she leant against the wall, The darkness of the room getting the better of her As she looked across the room focusing in on Glenn and Eli as her heart began to race.

11 people in the small room. Alex looked around her vision blurring as she took a deep breath closing her eyes. She could feel it, Her chest erupting. The walls. they were closing in on her. her heart pounded violently against her chest as she felt her surroundings begin to change.

"Alex, hey lex" Eli walked toward her instantly noticing the change in her demeanour, Glenn following as he noticed her breathing change. Alex's eyes screwed shut as she was back in that room, back there, Water filling her sinuses, Filling her lungs. The pain in her back. She was there. in that small room. alone.

"Lex open your eyes okay look at me." Eli countered as Glenn reached for Alex's hands, Despite the dread filling her stomach her fingers automagically intertwined with his. prying her eyes open they locked with Eli's blue ones. her eyes darted between the two men trying to keep her from going back to those moments, despite her lungs heaving for oxygen she remembered she was with them.

"sam. what's happening?" Josh asked looking over at the freckled man whose eyes were glued on Alex as the two men tried bringing her back wishing he could do something to help, yet he knew having too many people around her would only do the opposite. prying his eyes from Alex h looked to his right locking eyes with Josh, whose expression was laced with confusion and worry. 

"She was in the army remember kid.. this stuff happens, just let Glenn and Eli help" Sam explained quietly trying to keep his explanation vague, he himself didn't know enough about her PTSD to help but the other two did.

"I can't- I can't-" Alex gasped quietly trying to catch her breath as she let go of Glenn's hand rubbing her chest, Her lungs constricting refusing to let in oxygen, her hands trembled as she desperately tried catching her breath, the two men in front of her becoming disfigured as her vision blurred. 

"yes you can Lex, I'm here now okay? you're safe remember, you're with me I got you" Eli reassured his concerned eyes meeting hers as she forced herself to look at him... Eli. She was with Eli... she was safe enough...

"Count lex... I'm not gonna let anything happen to you." Glenn whispered his soft voice making her eyes meet his as she gripped his wrist and began counting. he counted with her as she tried to focus all of her attention on his voice, how much she loved him.