6

CHAPTER 6 || THE RISE OF THE FALL

—————————————————————————

Alex felt the squelch of brain as she plummeted a pole through a walker's skull through the fence, An abundance of walkers again pushed against the fences again, Alex alone trying to relieve some of the pressure against the fences as she tried keeping her mind busy yet it wasn't working they were too strong and her mind was preoccupied. until she heard the vibrations of an engine, relief rushed through her as she automatically dropped the pole running to the gates. Catching a glimpse of the Car Rick had left in she rushed to the Gate pulling down on the rope that held the first set of gates closed so Rick and Carol could Drive in.

When he did she let the rope go Closing the gates behind him as she rushed toward the now parked Car Rick was getting out of, she hoped the run they went on was at least successful considering Daryl and Sam still weren't back. an almost paralysing anxiety consuming her as she walked up to Rick.

"Are you, Carl, Judith okay?" He questioned, Panic Clear in his voice needing to know if his Family was Affected by the sickness, he hadn't stopped thinking about them the whole time he'd been away, he could fail to protect his family again, he just couldn't.

"yeah, yeah we're all okay. where's Carol?" Alex asked noticing Carol Was nowhere to be seen. But her question made her Uncles demeanour Change which didn't go unnoticed as he ignored her question;

"Glenn, Sasha, Hershel?" He questioned Changing the subject back to the people he knew were sick/around the sick, hoping Glenn was okay, especially for his niece, he knew she couldn't handle another death. 

"yeah, they're Alive... it's bad but they're fighting. daryl's not back yet... Where's Carol Rick?" Alex Questioned hating the way Rick wouldn't tell her things straight. Like she needed protecting...

"it was her." he deadpanned, Alex froze, her eyebrows knitting together as she stared at her uncle in confusion, she must've heard him wrong.

"she killed Karen and David" Alex's eyes widened at Rick's confession in disbelief Carol was Capable of Something like that, when she'd first met Carol she was surprised as to how she'd gotten this far... Carol didn't look like the type of woman who could hold her own, or hurt anyone. now she was a killer? it didn't make sense. Alex stood in disbelief at what she was hearing, Maybe some people really are good at hiding their true selves, Then it clicked, That's why Carol had brushed off Alex's suggestion of her and Sam looking into it.

"she was trying to stop it from spreading. Tyreese is gonna be back here soon, so I didn't think she should be here, and I couldn't have her here.. she has a car, supplies.. she'll figure it out. you don't tell anyone else yet." Alex listened almost dumbfounded at Rick's words, but she understood.

"okay," Alex nodded as she tried to process the fact they were another person down, as Rick turned walking away only to stop in his tracks and look at Alex, as she wondered what Daryl would say when he got back if he would leave again...

"would you have brought her back?" Alex thought about it for a second, and that was all she needed, if that had been Glenn, and she was in Tyreese's shoes...

"no. I wouldn't."

***