13

CHAPTER THIRTEEN || BELIEVING

—————————————————————————

glenn and Alex began moving the walker's bodies to one side so the group Could set up camp for the night, As the couple moved the last walker Alex caught sight of Eli talking to Maggie as they sat in front of the fire Abraham had made. a smile tugging at her lips in disbelief she wasn't dreaming, Eli, Glenn. it was unreal. 

The two best friends had spent a while talking and catching up before Eli did the inevitable and ushered her back to her boyfriend claiming he deserved just as much of her time as he did, Alex begrudgingly listened to Eli despite the fact she didn't want to leave his side, she wanted to be in Glenn's arms too. they were alive, she had all the time in the world. 

Alex and Glenn let go of the final walker, letting the thing's limp body fall into the pile they'd created before Alex ran her hand through her hair as she looked back to Glenn. happiness rushing through her veins, he was safe, he was alive. and the feeling was more than euphoric. it almost felt too good to be true.

"god. you are so beautiful" Glenn hummed watching Alex, His compliment caused Alex's smile to grow, as her cheeks changed to a light shade of pink. butterflies erupting in her stomach from just his voice alone. Taking a step toward him her hands laid on his chest, her hands gripping the edges of his Jacket she pulled him closer pressing a gentle kiss to the soft skin of his cheek, he's beautiful she thought.

"I don't think I've actually ever told you how handsome you are." She whispered into his ear, Glenn grinned ear to ear as his cheeks turned red, as he glanced away avoiding her eye contact an unfamiliar shyness rushing through his body. The compliment warming his heart, his hands fell to her waist pulling her closer to him as he pressed a gentle kiss to her lips.

as she broke the kiss Alex caught sight of Rosita walking over, Alex's smile only Grew seeing her old friend, everyone was alive and it felt like a fever dream. As Glenn turned his arm still around Alex's waist she leant into his touch.

"How did it go?" He asked Rosita as she came back from checking the end of the tunnel, ensuring if anything made its way in they'd hear the dangers of the world not disappearing for a moment. Alex leant her head against Glenn's chest as they stood watching as Rosita came to a stop in front of the couple, the woman Alex hadn't recognised with Glenn beside her.

"end of the tunnels secure. if anything tries to come in. we'll be out in plenty of time." Rosita nodded smiling at her old friend, the world wasn't so scary when there were people worth fighting for.

"thank you espinosa" Alex smiled escaping Glenn's grasp as she pulled the brunette into another hug, Which she gratefully returned. the two brunettes had never been extremely close, with Alex and Eli being as close as they were but they were still family, and family means everything.

"I missed you O'connor. don't disappear again, don't think I can handle Eli that crazy again" She chuckled into Alex's shoulder as she broke the hug, the pair locked eyes sharing a moment of disbelief. Rosita, Abraham, Eli, Glenn. they were alive. but there was still a long road ahead, Alex needed to find Rick...

"I'm here to stay" She smiled catching a glimpse of the other woman Glenn was with, who she didn't recognise. the name he'd called out that had led her to finding him. Tara...