14

CHAPTER FOURTEEN || CHOICES

—————————————————————————-

Alex laid on the floor, on The makeshift bed she and Glenn had made from their Jackets and his backpack. Her head leant against his pack, their fingers intertwined, his hand laid on her thigh as he sat up against the wall staring down at the woman he loved basking in the fact everyone was okay, everyone was safe. well not everyone...

"We barely had enough bullets, these guys snuck up on us then, but then we found Josh." She smiled up at Glenn, His thumb lazily rubbing her thigh as her glance shifted to Josh curled up a few feet from Sam as he slept peacefully, not a care in the world, how quickly the young boy had warmed up to both her and sam had almost left her dumbfounded. it almost worried her, knowing how dangerous that could be. 

"I tried to think what you would do if you were there. so here we are." She smiled looking at the young boy, the peaceful look on his face making her smile, hoping Carl was okay. she knew if Glenn had found Josh he would've made sure he was okay so that's what she did. 

"that's unreal" Glenn smiled looking down at her, His chest exploding with love as he admired the woman laying comfortably. his eyes glued to hers as he wished he could freeze time and stay there. with her next to him forever, they never wanted to be apart again.

"kinda like you finding Eli, and asking them to hold off on saving the world so you could find your girlfriend?"  She still couldn't believe it, the fact he had found Eli, he wasn't just her best friend he was her brother, Glenn Chuckled holding Alex's hand tightly, she couldn't help but admire his gorgeous smile. 

"I'm a persuasive guy." he smiled playing with her fingers, the light from the fire accentuating his features, his smile as Alex took in how truly handsome he is. and found herself wondering if it was fate, maybe the two were destined to meet, whether she'd found her uncle when she did, or remained with Eli and the group... She would've found Glenn either way. maybe they were destined for a happy ending after all. 

Alex turned Slightly the Pure exhaustion from being on the road finally setting in as the Relief of being back with Glenn. The relief of being back with the two people who'd ever made her feel truly safe made her relax. Eli and Glenn were the embodiment of safety and love. at least to her. and being back with them was a different type of joy.

glenn noticed her tired eyes reaching for the blanket he'd Kept in his bag, Before pulling it over Alex's legs, Sitting up she readjusted, giving him more space to lie down beside her. Smoothing out the blanket she noticed a Polaroid fall onto the floor that had been caught up in the material. Reaching down Alex picked up the photograph to see the picture of her Glenn took in the guard tower at the prison. Sighing she looked over at Glenn his beautiful brown eyes meeting hers. Turning her head she reached for the lighter by her side, Flicking the lighter open she held the photo above it before Glenn stopped her.

"Whoa, Hey. what are you doing?" Glenn took the photo from Alex's hand keeping the precious photograph to his Chest, The thing he'd constantly looked at while they were separated. the thing that reminded him what he was and always would fight for. her. 

"sorry" She reached for the photo in Glenn's hand only for him to pull his hand away, A slight hurt in his eyes as he looked at the brunette. protective over his singular photograph at her, since to him it wasn't just a polaroid, it was a memory... how he felt in the prison, how perfect things were even if it was only for a few months.

"This is the only picture I have of you" His voice fragile almost. That's all it took, His voice, it made her melt instantly.. she'd never loved someone as much as she loved him yet that love for him grew stronger with almost every second that passed.