16

CHAPTER SIXTEEN || THE SECOND TIME

————————————————————————-

Rick took a step away from Eli as he caught sight of the unfamiliar Faces behind him, And the young boy Around Carl's Age behind Alex, The leader's gaze flickered back to Eli a smile tugging at his lips as he patted the man's shoulder. Alex's saving grace. Eli Moore was alive. And Rick couldn't be more thankful, Alex carried pain heavier than what most men could carry, and the only person who'd seen her carry all of it was Eli. 

"They're our friends" Glenn Said in regard to the unfamiliar people standing behind them, Rick looked between Abraham, Rosita, Josh, Eugene and Tara. his eyes darting back to his niece she nodded confirming Glenn's words as Josh looked at the unfamiliar people stood in front of him as he subconsciously hid behind Alex

"They helped save us" Alex stated before her glance shifted back down to her cousin, The light that had once shined brightly in his eyes diminished. She couldn't begin to imagine what he'd been through out there. being on the road was a different type of pain, the people that now roamed the world were more dangerous than the walkers. 

"Now they're friends of ours" Daryl Grunted his eyes On Alex and Glenn thankful they were okay, as Alex pulled the brooding man into a hug, Slightly taken back it took a moment for Daryl to register what was happening and hug her back, she didn't care about what had once happened with Merle, he'd stayed with her family, she'd left carl with him. and here they were. she smiled softly as she pulled away the taller man sending her a knowing nod. 

"for however long that'll be" Abraham Scoffed Looking toward Rick. His words Gave Rick an immediate opinion on the man, He was a leader too. Alex's head shot toward the muscular ginger, remembering his negativity from being with him before causing her to roll her eyes. 

"no. They're gonna feel pretty stupid when they find out." Rick's voice was Cold as he wandered over to the door, Staring through the small crack in an attempt to see if anyone was waiting outside, watching them.

"find out what?" Josh asked Looking up at the unfamiliar man, as he emerged from behind Alex getting a closer look at the other boy of his age, Carl's eyes lingered on Josh as curiosity fueled him,  where'd he come from? and why was he with Alex?

"They're screwing with the wrong people." Rick scoffed his eyes shifting from the gap to his niece, as she nodded knowingly. They weren't gonna go down without a fight.

**

Alex watched as Everyone began preparing for when the doors opened, Glenn Took his Belt off, Setting the buckle at an Angle between his Foot And the hard floor he snapped the buckle, Into a fork shape. Holding it in his hand the snapped sharp pieces of metal pointed through his fingers as he wrapped the belt around his Wrist using the belt as a pair of knuckle dusters.  Everyone else worked on Makeshift weapons, Alex pulled Josh and Carl to the side as she pulled a small dagger from behind her belt, One that was hidden for situations like this, like the governor.

"Carl, this is Josh. If anything goes down the two of you stay together." She ordered the two boys, She didn't care if they didn't know each other that well. but She needed them to work together. and she knew Carl was capable enough, she knew he liked to be given a protector role... she didn't know those things about Josh, yet.

"All I have is this" She passed the small knife over to Carl assuming he was the one who could handle himself. Carl nodded as he took the dagger from Alex holding it in his hand. it wasn't much, but it was something.