51.*

Chapter 9: Afterglow

----------------------------------------------------------------------

When morning comes, the first thing on Den's mind is that she'll once again wake up alone in her bed without her annoying husband. She signs then buries herself on the bed not wanting to get up any minute now thinking what's the point. 

Even if she denied it hundreds or thousands of times, at this point in her life, she could not lie to herself that the said man grew on her. She can't deny that even if her mind tells her she should not, her heart won't listen.

'Maybe if I run away now, there's still hope for my case.' The woman thought, hugging her pillow as if she was asking it for comfort.

'Who would have thought that I'll miss that midget's annoying shits.' She thought not knowing that someone was watching her every move and grunt she made as she cursed her husband in her head.

"It's too early for you to be this annoyed wife. Don't crumple your lovely face early in the morning or I'll kiss you again." Mikey said as he sipped his morning coffee while he sat on the sofa near the bed, his favourite spot in the room because it is the best spot to watch Den's morning antics every morning. He enjoys how his lovely wife's face changes every now and then while asleep and how she curses him under her breath not knowing that he can hear everything.

'How cute. Did she miss me that much?'

"Manjiro!?" Den then immediately stands up and what welcomes her is her husband who was casually sipping his coffee with just his signature black bathrobe on. "Why are you here!? W-well I'm n-not saying that you should not b-but--"

'Deja vu? I feel like I've seen this scene before...'

' Wait that sounds like Taylor Swift's lyrics... Oh well..'

"Good morning to you too wife." He said as he placed the coffee mug at the side table and approached the woman who was still out of it. He then gave her a peck on the lips and carried her bridal style to the shower room. "Clean up then we will have breakfast with Emma later." He then placed her in front of the tub turned around and walked out of the room. "I'll wait outside so take your time."

Bewildered on just what happened, Den looked at the mirror. She then looked at her reflection and said, "What the heck just happened?"

-----