59.

The silence that enveloped the room was thick, almost suffocating, as Manjiro and Den faced each other in the solitude of their shared bedroom for the first time since what happened the night prior. The air was heavy with the weight of unspoken words and emotions that were left to be expressed.

Manjiro, a man known for his unyielding strength and leadership, found himself in a state of vulnerability he hadn't experienced in years since what happened to his family and friends way back.

He gently placed Den, who was he carrying on the side of the bed, his movements careful, as if he was carrying his most prized possession in life. 

Den on the other hand was not having it. Yes, talking can maybe solve things between them but not now. She needs time to think and settle her emotions but the man in front of her is not giving it to her.

When God spread the words "Personal Space" and "Giving Time to Think and Heal" to the world, Manjiro Sano is sleeping soundly in his room.

As Den made a motion to stand, Manjiro stopped her by kneeling before her, an act of humility and desperation. Wrapping his arm around her waist, he pleaded softly, "Please... stay."

Den remained silent, the myriad of emotions swirling within her rendering her speechless. She looked down at Mikey, her supposedly 'husband', the man she had shared countless moments with, both joyous and challenging even for a short period of time. Now, those same brown eyes that had once sparkled with love and laughter were clouded with sadness, disappointment, and frustration which Manjiro could not bear to look at.

"I... I don't want it to be over because of this..." Mikey's voice broke the silence, his words barely above a whisper. He looked up, seeking a glimpse of affection in Den's eyes, but instead, he was met with a whirlwind of emotions that sent a pang of fear through his heart. "I don't want us to be over..."

"Manjiro..." Den began, her voice was soft yet laden with emotion.

"I know, I know what I did is unforgivable!" Mikey interrupted, unable to contain the torrent of emotions that threatened to overwhelm him. He stood up, his hands gently grasping Den's shoulders as he sought to convey the depth of his desperation. In his eyes, Den saw not the invincible leader of Bonten but a man afraid of losing everything he held dear.

"I am willing to give up everything for you and Emma..." Mikey's voice trembled, his resolve clear. "Please don't leave me... Not now, not ever."

Den's heart ached at the sight of Mikey's vulnerability. She knew the burden of being on the top and the sacrifices he had made for the sake of Bonten. Yet, here he was, willing to relinquish it all for the sake of their family, for her. Den could not deny how shocking it was to hear such a declaration from this man. The very man who lives by the saying "It is, what it is."