(262)

The morning sunlight spilled into the room, gently nudging me awake. As I blinked away the remnants of sleep, I noticed Y/N's anxious expression. The events from last night must still be weighing on her young mind. Determined to help, I sat up and reached out to her.

Steve: "Hey there, kiddo. What's troubling you this morning?"

Y/N glanced up at me with red, swollen eyes, her voice trembling with unease.

Y/N: "Daddy, I'm scared... I don't want to go to school."

My heart clenched at the sight of her distress. I shifted on the bed, trying to comfort her without waking Bucky, who was still peacefully asleep beside us.

Steve: "I understand, sweetheart. School can be overwhelming sometimes. But you know what? Today, you don't have to go if you don't want to. Let's give Dad a bit more sleep, though."

Y/N nodded and settled down on my chest, her small body seeking solace and reassurance. As I stroked her hair, I searched for the right words to ease her worries.

Steve: "Y/N, you're growing up so fast. You're seven years old now, and it's natural to feel scared or unsure about new things. But let me tell you a secret—everyone feels that way sometimes. Even Dad gets scared or worried. It's part of being human."

Y/N's watery eyes met mine, and I could see the confusion lingering within her.

Y/N: "But, Daddy, I feel like I disappoint you when I'm scared or different."

My heart ached at her words, and I tightened my embrace, wanting to shield her from any doubts or insecurities.

Steve: "Oh, sweetheart, you could never disappoint me. You're my precious girl, and I love you just the way you are. Being scared or different doesn't make you any less amazing. In fact, it makes you unique, and I wouldn't want you any other way."

Y/N's teary eyes searched mine, seeking validation and understanding.

Y/N: "But why do others say I'm weird?"

A fire ignited within me, fueled by a father's protectiveness and determination to empower his child.

Steve: "Sometimes people say hurtful things because they don't understand. They might feel insecure or unsure themselves, and it's easier to put others down than to confront their own feelings. But let me tell you, Y/N, you are not weird. You have incredible qualities that make you special, and I'm so proud to be your dad."

Y/N's expression softened, and a glimmer of hope sparkled in her eyes.

Y/N: "Thank you, Daddy."

I kissed her forehead, cherishing the connection we shared.

Steve: "No need to thank me, sweetheart. We're in this together, and I'll always be here to support and protect you. Remember, you're not alone in your fears or struggles. We'll face them head-on, and I'll always be by your side."

Just then, Bucky stirred awake beside us, concern etched on his face as he noticed Y/N's distressed state.

Bucky: "What's going on, Stevie? Is everything alright?"

I turned to Bucky and gently explained the situation, assuring him that we were handling it together.

Steve: "Y/N was feeling scared about going to school today, so we're having a little chat to help her feel better."

Bucky's worry softened as he reached out to ruffle Y/N's hair.

Bucky: "Hey there, kiddo. You know, sometimes even grown-ups get scared. But we stick together, and we'll find a way to make it better."

Y/n:„I'm sorry for making problems..."

Bucky:„oh baby you're not! You're absolutely amazing! And we love you more than anything!"

____________________________________________________

What should happen next? Any ideas?