(272)

I heard them closing the door behind them as they walked downstairs to talk to our friends about the situation so I slowly got out of the bathroom while listening to their conversation.

~Steve pov~

Bucky's voice carried a note of concern as he glanced at Natasha, the weight of the situation evident in his furrowed brow. "Nat, what do you think?"

Natasha leaned back in her chair, her expression thoughtful as she considered the question. "I think you should homeschool her. I mean, what's the problem?"

A heavy sigh escaped me as I joined the conversation, my voice tinged with frustration. "Missions and meetings, Nat. We're stretched thin as it is."

Natasha's gaze hardened with determination. "And it's not like we all couldn't pitch in sometimes! I'd be more than happy to take the sports class."

My eyebrow arched skeptically. "I was actually thinking of handling that one."

A sly grin crossed Natasha's face. "Come on, Rogers. Your legendary 20-hour runs would have her sleeping like a baby."

Bucky chimed in, his tone sympathetic. "She's got a point, Stevie. And you'd be the perfect English teacher. You've got the patience for it."

Sam entered the room, his voice carrying a touch of amusement. "What about me? I'd be a perfect sports teacher!"

Natasha's eyes narrowed playfully at Sam. "I said it first, birdbrain."

My voice rose, bringing a sense of order to the banter. "Alright, let's not fight over this. We need two teachers for every subject – that way, if one of us is on a mission, we've got a backup."

The room fell into a contemplative silence as they absorbed my suggestion. The weight of the responsibility and the reality of their complex lives settled upon them like a heavy cloak.

Natasha leaned forward, her voice softened by an underlying sadness. "We're a family, aren't we? We've faced down gods and monsters. This... this is just one more challenge. Y/n deserves the best education we can offer, even if it means adjusting our schedules."

I nodded slowly, my gaze fixed on a distant point. "You're right, Nat. She deserves the world."

Bucky's voice was filled with quiet resolve. "So, it's settled then. We become her teachers – giving her the stability and support she needs."

As they nodded in agreement, a sense of unity filled the room. We were superheroes, accustomed to battling external threats, but this was a battle of a different kind – one that required us to confront our own limitations and make sacrifices for the sake of mine and Buckys baby girls future.

Just as I was about to contribute to the discussion, the soft patter of footsteps announced Y/n's arrival. She descended the stairs, clutching Mr. Cuddles to her chest. Buddy, ever enthusiastic, leaped onto me, causing me to tumble backward onto the couch.

Amidst the chatter about sports lessons between Natasha and Sam, Y/n's small hand reached out and gently grasped my leg. My attention shifted to her, a mixture of surprise and tenderness in my expression.

"Hm?" I responded, my voice catching as I tried to shift gears.

"I'm sorry for making you cry yesterday... I didn't want to," Y/n's voice carried a weight of innocence and regret.

Quickly, I attempted to reassure her, "No, honey, it wasn't because of you. I just..."

Natasha interjected with a teasing grin, "Your daddy cries a lot because he's very sentimental!"

I shot her a mock glare, retorting, "Well, you're clearly not enough, Romanoff."

A playful "ouch" escaped her lips, and Y/n's gaze shifted between us, absorbing the banter with a mix of curiosity and amusement. She looked up at me, her expression earnest, and said, "Dad told me it was because of me..."

I sighed softly, realizing this was a conversation I hadn't anticipated having quite yet. "Let's not talk about yesterday, alright? It was a lot to deal with."

In the midst of the emotional exchange, Tonys unmistakable voice chimed in from a corner of the room, his tone laden with dry humor, "And here I thought Cap's super serum was just for muscles, not tear ducts."

Thor's deep voice rumbled in agreement, "Indeed! I have seen you shed tears like a waterfall, my friend."

Wanda, who had been quietly observing, added with a sympathetic smile, "Emotions make us human, Steve. They're nothing to be ashamed of."