(265)

As Natasha tried to hold me back, my heart pounded with determination, and I gently shook off her grasp, stepping forward to face the storm brewing downstairs.

Y/n: "What happened?"

Steve's face flushed with anger, but I wasn't about to back down.

Steve: "Go upstairs to your room!"

My voice wavered with sadness and defiance as I ignored his demand. My eyes locked onto Bucky, who winced, a crimson stain marring the back of his head. Concern surged within me.

Y/n: "Dad, are you okay?"

Bucky's weak voice pleaded with me to retreat upstairs.

Bucky: "Go upstairs..."

But I couldn't leave him in this state. Love and concern anchored me in place.

Y/n: "No..."

Steve's face darkened further, and he raised his voice, repeating his command with authority.

Steve: "What did we tell you?"

Yet, I couldn't contain the emotions that threatened to consume me any longer.

Y/n: "You hurt him! I'm not listening to you!"

Steve's frustration grew, and he promised that I would have to listen to him.

Steve: "Oh, believe me, you will listen to me!"

With tears in my eyes, I stood my ground, the mix of fear and defiance fueling my resolve.

Y/n: "Leave me alone!"

As Bucky staggered back, battling dizziness, Steve rushed to his side, trying to be helpful.

Steve: "Hey, let me see-"

My emotions surged, and I couldn't bear the thought of Steve touching Bucky.

Y/n: "DON'T TOUCH HIM!"

Steve tried to reason with me, his tone now tinged with a softer edge.

Steve: "Y/n, calm down! Buck, I'm gonna get you something cold and the-"

But I pushed Steve away, my emotions spilling over, and I started hitting his arm, unleashing my frustration.

Bucky: "Stop, y/n... stop."

My anger and fear for Bucky couldn't be contained any longer.

Y/n: "No! He hurt you! This idiot hurt you!"

Steve's temper flared at my sharp words.

Steve: "WHAT DID YOU CALL ME?! Listen to me, young lady! Watch what you say and your tone!"

My sadness transformed into defiance; I wouldn't let fear dictate my actions.

Y/n: "I'm not scared of you!"

Amidst the escalating tension, Nat tried to intervene, her tone calm and soothing.

Nat: "Let's go, sweetie!"

But I resisted, my emotions pouring out like an unstoppable flood.

Y/n: "No! He's gonna hurt Dad!"

Nat reassured me, emphasizing that Steve didn't intend to hurt Bucky.

Nat: "He's not gonna hurt him! He didn't want to hurt him!"

Tears welled up in my eyes, the intensity of the moment and the fractured family dynamics weighing heavily on all of us. Each word exchanged held a power that reflected the complexities of our emotions and the struggle to find common ground amidst the turmoil.

As Natasha led me away, I couldn't help but scream after my dad, whose face was etched with concern and regret. Steve stepped in to tend to my dad's wound, but my mind was still reeling from the confrontation.

Throughout the day, I remained holed up in my room, unable to find the appetite or desire to go out. The weight of the emotional turmoil hung heavily upon me, and I felt lost in the sea of conflicting feelings.

As bedtime approached, my dads entered the room, and my heart ached as I tried to respond but found myself unable to articulate my emotions.

Steve gently reminded me, "It's bedtime, sweetie. Have you brushed your teeth?"

I hesitated for a moment before softly replying, "No... I want Dad to do it."

Understanding my need for comfort, Steve nodded, "Alright."

Bucky walked over to me, his presence reassuring, and together, we entered the bathroom to brush my teeth. Even though I knew I could handle it on my own, there was something about my dads taking care of me that made me feel safe and loved, like someone truly cared about my well-being.

As the toothbrush gently touched my teeth, tears welled up in my eyes. The sadness and complexity of the situation weighed heavily on my shoulders, and I found solace in this small act of care and affection.