CHAPTER TWO

The first lesson we had together was History and it was quite boring, needless to say I had to talk quite a bit. Since the teacher, Mr. Patterson wasn't that terrifying; I calmly stood up and introduced myself.

''The name's Mikasa,'' I signed while looking into my classmates big eyes, filled with interest. I was still nervous, since the past haunted me wherever I went. I clenched my fists, while my vision was blurring. But as soon as my eyes met Erens, his showing support, I shake my head, angry at myself.

For fucks sake, I'm Mikasa! The hell is wrong with me?

In that moment I straightened, confidence flushing my face, as my eyes darkened for a brief shade. Everyone was still quiet, so I pulled my shaking hand through my raven hair, as trying to sit. And when I was practically crouched, the teacher finally spoke with a loud, soft voice: '' Mikasa, as Ackerman? Well, I heard you were coming and as we had to check your background, you're quite talented.'' He then slowly pulled a piece of paper from his desk as my mind was only thinking: No, no, no...

''From straight A's in any subject to attending a national championship in wrestling.'' He looked at me above his glasses, giving me an opened smile. The whole class was now even more interested, as I just wanted to die where I sat. I heard Eren giggling next to me, since he knew how much I hated attention, so I just stretched my hand, punching his leg roughly. He groaned, his face red from smiling and embarrassment, but at least that shut him up.

''So, long story short, you're absolutely extraordinary and I'm pleased to have you attend my class.'' My cheeks flushed bright pink, as the teacher smirked and finally turned around. He started explaining the next lesson as if nothing happened, as some of the students still looked at my direction, whispering around.

''Quiet brats!'' Mr Patterson increased his voice, making the class silent for the whole lesson.

*

The next few hours had passed practically the same, since all I had to do was listen to boring stuff and explanations. I caught myself looking through the window, daydreaming when the bell finally rang and it was time for lunch. I met Eren and the rest of the group outside the classroom, already talking about their plans for the day. They greeted me, some asked about my day so far and the best I could do was at least turn them a favour of smiling.

But the most polite was Jean. ''So, Mikasa, you probably don't know, where's the cafeteria?''

,, Yeah, I have no clue,'' I answered as we walked down the hall. I heard people behind bursting into laughter, which had to bother Jean to, since we both turned around. The loudest was of course Eren, and as childish he could be, he started teasing Jean: ''Way to go, horse face! Hitting on my sister already.'' Jeans face went from colourful to tomato red in a second as he yelled: '' For fuck sake Yeager!'' He ran towards the giggling boy, which I knew for sure will beat him in racing. As soon Jean tried to grab Eren by his shirt, the brown-haired guy was already sprinting down the corridor. As much as I wanted Eren to show me around school, my chances fade away with them, leaving me with a group of strangers.

The girls giggled at Jeans attempt on chasing Eren, as we moved ahead. I followed them silently, but they quickly brought attention right back to me.

''So, Eren told us you train wrestling,'' said Sasha with excitement. Since Armin wasn't with us yet, I had no one else to talk to and which other choice was there left for me?

''I trained wrestling long ago,'' I mumbled through my teeth.

,, Oh well, you see, we have our own wrestling team and if you're as good as they say, it wouldn't be bad, if you attended for this year's try-outs,'' explained Marco behind me. I looked into his eyes, seeing a bit of lust, which made me smile.

I'll be real rude if I don't try to behave. They are only trying to be polite. Maybe here will be different, and they will be my friends. Real ones.

'' I would never consider this option if you haven't told me,'' I said nicely, ''thank you.''

''The pleasure is all mine,'' chuckled Marco.

I than saw Connie and Sasha ran towards the big place, filled with students and tables.

''So this is the cafeteria,'' said Christa as we moved into the crowd.

Connie and Sasha were super-fast. As I was being nervous from all the stares and whispers for being noticed in the history class earlier today, those two were quickly siting around a large table, eating their meal. Surprisingly, Eren and Jean were there to, giving each other's death stares across the table. I couldn't be serious when seeing their childish expressions, so my mouth escaped a little giggle. I finally felt relaxed, knowing that I belong somewhere, with carrying people. If one thing's for sure; Eren always picks people who are kind and nice and if anyone tried to hurt me, he would beat him up- but the same goes for me. It was kind of a brother sister love only those can understand.

I sat down next to Eren and we kept each other company by reliving all of the silly moments we spent together before last year. We were separated almost 6 months and I for sure couldn't do it again. The group slowly joined in our conversation and we ended up laughing our asses out.

I've never experienced such joy with people I knew for only a few hours. I was happy to be surrounded by them, they all looked super fun. Marco and Christa and Ymir were more quiet than fully talkative, but Connie and Sasha fixed that with endless bluffing. It got interesting, as they started to verbally insult one another because of Sasha statement of being faster than him. I listened to their crosswords for some time, until I felt a small hand grabbing my shoulders, giving me shivers. I turned around, my face pale, only to see Armin smiling.

''Got you,'' he giggled while sitting next to me. I poked his arm and stood up. His blue eyes glanced at me, questioning my movement. I saw his concerned expression, so I just smiled and said: '' I'm just thirsty. '' As he heard my statement, he nodded than turned around to face Jean.

I slowly made my way through the tables, feeling the stares on my back as I proceeded to juice dispenser. I got myself a bottle of water, which I drank with relief and then put the rest of it in my backpack. I quickly went back to our table, only looking at their laughing faces, all of them talking and sharing stories. I was so coughed up in the moment, I wasn't quite looking were I was going until I got abruptly cut from my dreaming by a rough force from my left. Someone crashed into my side, making me lose balance. I fell down on the cold tiles as the figure that burst in me fell over my fragile body.

----

My second chapter! next one will be coming in short time!

P.s - I haven't explained how old they are:

Mikasa is 17, as the rest of the group, and Levi is 19... (I wanted to make the gap between them rather small )
Plus the picture is not mine!

- bye! :)