CHAPTER 28

Hey guys – sorry for not updating...

The truth is - I've been a little off lately. What I mean is that my head has been filled with  random crap and I had to calm my brain the fuck down.

I'm still feeling really random and all, but it would be really selfish if I wouldn't post a new chapter, just because I don't feel okay – it's not fair to you guys, besides your comments always cheer me up :)

---

I happened to be falling – for one unknown reason, I was pushed from a cliff and was now storming into the large waves, loud and horrible. Everything around me was dark, I was alone, slicing through the air while my lips were separated and eyes fixed on the loud, dark-blue waves.

I was shouting.

The waves happened to be far away, even if I was falling quickly. Grey sky painted itself around me, while I was not stopping, as the midnight red dress; I was wearing, floated around me. It was a little torn apart, but it was still on me and it was in the same colour as my scarf, which was now not on me. Realizing, I screamed even louder, my voice falling apart.

What the hell is happening?

The waves were still ahead, spreading around wildly, waiting to embrace me. They looked huge and were building up, as my speed increased. I gave out the last scream, before the long waited collision, which...

Never came.

The waves never hit my skin. I never drown in the loud sea of monsters voices. I was perfectly okay, surrounded by darkness, but I was still screaming. For some unknown stupid reason, my voice wouldn't stop racing up my throat. It couldn't be tamed, even if I felt exhausted.

But then, someone grabbed my hand and shouted my name. My voice stopped coming and I finally opened my eyes.

There were no waves around. No large sea, no grey sky – only darkness and figures I couldn't quite put together as objects of any kind. But my eyes quickly adjusted to the darkness, and I shook my head slowly, trying to stand up, while the grip was still waving through my fingers, which were iron cold and trembling.

I felt empty and without strength, so my body collapsed back onto a soft fabric, as someone said my name again, softer and with ease, like the person was relieved. My body was light, but my head felt heavy instead. My mind was spinning and every little piece of any kind of furniture in a room looked blurry. The place was dark, illuminated only by a broken light through the window, which was no help at all. But I was for sure, that I was lying in a bed, covered with warm sheets, while a figure was sitting beside me.

A ball of cough came up my throat and I shut my eyes, pushing the tears away and the sudden pain in the back of my head, my arm and my side.

What the hell?

I felt like shit – drops of sweat formed on my forehead, and I abruptly felt warm, despite that my fingers were ice cold. Due the pain, I couldn't quite feel my legs and the only parts of my body, that could function normally, were my head, hands and my chest. But even so, I clenched my teeth and jerked my head up, trying to make my eyes see the surrounding sharply, and not as a cloud of blur and shadows. Surprisingly, it worked, but only after a couple of seconds, while the figure still mumbled my name, but I tried to ignore it. I had to concentrate.

Where am I?

That wasn't as easy as I thought, but my eyes tried to put the pieces of the picture, I was seeing, together. Dark room, one little window with plain curtains, a wooden table across my iron-looking bed, a dark lamp next me, and a sharp scent of nail polish remover.