CHAPTER 41

The moment, his words echoed in the air like a thin melody, my head yanked up, my steel eyes shattering at the view of his ocean ones.

I knew what his words meant - I wasn't taken back by his words, like their meaning was the most astonishing thing for a person to say. But my heart exploded with wild fire and I could suddenly hear my own heartbeat in my ears, racing like loud drums.

Like I've said, those words weren't surprising. But the fact, Levi said it with a bitter voice, his whole features, which once represented cold and unapproachable raven, where now ruined like the great wall Maria, was extraordinary.

He had his head titled down, dark strings of his fringe covering his forehead, so all I could see where those sparkling eyes of mystery staring right back at me. And the fact his breath was steady, his chest rising up and down visibly, while his hand twitched next to my head was all I needed to be thrown off my path. It felt like my chest exploded and everything, I was holding back - my emotions, anger, sadness, all bitter and sweet feelings I wanted to throw away after this long night were now lost in the air, looming in the shadows and embracing my fragile skin.

They were the real shape of wild fire - the features, only I could see, the features, which made the whole alley brighter.

The features that made me feel alive.

He said it, my voice smiled in my head, even though I showed no emotions of being actually happy. I was too startled about his look, the way his eyes were filled with hope and how every moment of silence was like a lair of blankets, gently put over us.

Levi said it aloud, my voice exhaled, making me shiver on the outside. There was no way of going back, he couldn't take his words back, and he couldn't pretend nothing happened.

In this glorious moment, we were unable to run from each other or simply pretend we are different. We were caught in a glimpse of time, in a second in this endless galaxy, where our love wasn't always and forever ruined.

It was free and it was here, surrounding us.

Levi was sorry - for all I know he shouldn't be, or maybe love was just blinding me, who knows. But he truly was - for making the pain of watching Jean get hurt bitter, for having a silent war with my brother, for being unapproachable and jealous about my friends - but mostly for punching me in the side. I now understood, that it's hard to give out the ugly, shaded side of yourself as a desert for others to taste, and I understood that being pushy and trying to know everything about a person, who only wants peace and his identity to be a mystery, but about two months ago I couldn't.

And I could easily say I was too naïve to except it.

But now I did... and it burned my veins, watching him struggle to open up to me, just because he thinks, this little love mess is his fault. Because it wasn't - it was our little love mess and something that only brought us closer to understanding one another.

But I was yet again speechless - my mind was blank and words only melted on my tongue. And just watching him look at me under his haircut with those eyes, made me forget about everything - the fact we were in an alley and I had no idea what to do from now on or that I was actually freezing to my bones.

But right now, those little things didn't matter. It was absolutely ridiculous how easily I could lose myself in someone's eyes, especially in his. There was something so peaceful, just starring at someone, thinking about them and knowing, your heartbeat can't be tamed. Yet if you felt like something was slowly exploding inside you, you knew there was no place on earth that made you feel the same. There were always lands of pureness in the shades of people's eyes, the light behind them or something that always made me feel fascinated about them, about how easily you could tell if people are honest, lost or if there's a deeper meaning to just being 'fine' or 'okay'.