CHAPTER FIVE

We arrived at Rainer's place around nine am.

 The place was yet a little bigger than ours, a one-flour house to be precise, but was already crowded by students, from fresh meat to seniors. Drinks were spreading around like annoying flies, plus the music was awfully loud. Some sort of a mix between techno and rock, I don't even know anymore. It was irritating.

Eren told me that the party started half an hour ago, but most of the people there were already drunk as hell. Some slowly moved in rhythm, others smashing things, as a few dragged themselves into corners, passionately making out.

''Damn, this party escalated quickly,'' coughed Eren, but I could feel, he will enjoy this.

''Yup, better to make the best of it,'' I joked, meaning, we'll be sitting somewhere, singing and dancing, plus laughing at horrible drunk students.

I really didn't mind if people around me drank and did crazy shit. I liked to be insane sometimes, but I know where to draw a line, and today, I really didn't feel like doing anything.

''Hey Eren, Mikasa!'' we heard Armin trying to override the loud music from a place inside, looking like a bar with drinks. We waved in response and then made our way through the terrace into the kitchen, where almost everyone from the group was sitting.

'' You made it,'' said Connie, while drinking up the whole glass of colourless liquid. His eyes were a little puffy and red; needless to say, he had to drink a lot before we arrived. Sasha, on the other note, was already dancing with some older guys by the music mixer, laughing like a maniac.

''Oh yeah, Marco, Ymir and Christa couldn't make it,'' said Armin, checking out Sasha, as he only shook his head.

''An absolute maniac,'' he muttered. Eren smiled and tapped him on the back: ''Don't obsess with Sasha, you know she's like this. She'll be fine.''

''I hope,'' he said even quietly, as Eren and I sat beside him, getting ourselves a drink. We looked at each other, toasting, as we drank the whole thing.

The first cups are always like that, but then the chatting begins.  We practically didn't move around besides Connie and Sasha. Us, the famous trio, could just talk for hours in the places like this. Nothing that important, just daily topics, sometimes maybe extraordinary, making the hours pass by easily. As the conversation deepened, the place filled completely. Even the guy, Rainer, a tall blond and muscle boy came to greet us, surprisingly sober. He was quite a charm, joking about almost everything. But as much as we wanted to talk to him, a pair of cold fingers grabbed my wrist. My reflexes came on as I wanted to punch the person behind me, but Armin just screamed: 'Don't! It's only Jean.''

''And drunk,'' snapped Eren, giving him the death stare. He looked quite worried, but I just tapped his arm, meaning I can handle him. He first looked surprised; giving me the raised eyebrow, but then later shook it off.

I glanced at the tall brown haired boy, starring into his darkened eyes, as he smiled happily. But with that his face flushed yet again.

Maybe he's not completely drunk.            

''Glad you guys made it,'' he said with his confident voice, letting go of my wrist.

''couldn't miss this,'' I said sarcastically.

''Sarcasm,'' he said, acting surprised. '' I like it.''

''Just don't get on my nerves, Jean,'' I sharpened my voice. '' I'm not falling for it.''

Maybe I sounded a bit rude, but his face changed in a slit. He looked like a fresh tomato, making Eren barely hold in his laughter. His eyes looked down on his feet, his fingers slightly shaking.

''I-I just wanted to, y'know...'' he whispered, but his voice broke. Eren gave out a little giggle, but I held my hand high, asking: 'What were you saying?''

''Would you dance with me?'' he suddenly snapped, making me blush, as Eren just breathed in the hot air, surprised by Jeans sudden reaction.

I looked at Eren and Armin, both acting dumb, but held their fingers up under the table, so I just chuckled.

''Sure, why not. It can't kill me, but I haven't danced in a while.''

Jean sure didn't expect that, as his eyes winded, his voice shaking: '' Wait, you... no, no problem, I'm also a pretty horrible dancer.'' He screeched the beck of his head, as I jumped up, fixing my dress and we walked to the dancefloor. 

First we just stood up there, looking around at the drunken students and friends giggling by the table. I quickly caught the rhythm moving my hips and arms like a professional. I liked to act, like I know how to dance but, I only had that privilege from wrestling.  Even Jean, after a couple of seconds only starring, started to move like a tree in the wind. I couldn't help but to giggle, so I grabbed his hands. My reaction was like an electric shock, he confusingly looked at me, but I just tried to help him dance properly on. He opened his mouth, trying to say something, but he shut it back into a long line. We danced like that for some time, making some spins myself and stretching up and down.  It was amusing, looking at his face go white to red in a second.

But he slowly became more confident in his dancing skills, relaxing a little. He began moving, and by moving, I mean real dance. We laughed at his success, his eyes filled with excitement and true happiness.

  Maybe he really likes me.

But with the last spin I did, giggling, I was for sure. As soon as I came spinning around, his face was only an inch away from mine, his eyes shut. My realisation was to slow, giving me no option but to do, what I was best at.

My hand came like a tornado of fillings, slapping his face hard. His head turned to the side, but people around us kept dancing.

My eyes began to water, realising, what I've just done. Even he didn't expect that. As our looks met again, his eyes were dull and surprised. No tears, nothing. Just surprised, which pissed me of even more.

Okay, he likes me, but don't make a move now!

I looked around myself, people endlessly dancing, Eren almost ripping Armin apart, trying to get to me. He clearly saw the whole thing, but the last thing I wanted was drama.

I have to get out of here.

My body started to tremble, vision blurring as I made my way as quick as possible away from those to. From Jean, for being a dick to him and him being too pushy and from Eren, because I knew he will beat the shit out of Jean. There was no point stopping him now.

I heard Armin's voice calling my name, but I didn't turn around. I didn't stop, only further, away. I finally saw the glass door to the terrace, relieved, when a smaller figure suddenly came from the unknown, blocking my way. But I was too quick, the cold air messed with my hair as I knocked the man down.

-

-Yeaya! Chapter five!

I'm enjoying this way too much, but whatever!

I hope you guys like it... feel free to leave any comments and suggestions on my fanfiction.  J

-bye!