CHAPTER 16

’Mikasa!’’ Eren screamed, while running through the large parking lot just to embrace me.

It was evening, since we dorve for so long – sun was slowly hiding down the mountains, as it left traces of worm and pinkish shades through the endless sky. Snow finally fell, after a few days of just leaving the place to rot in cold. Threes were broken or coated in white, cold wind occasionally swiping through our hair, as I giggled in the air. Eren had a pretty strong grip, plus he was extremely tall to, so he lifted me only in a second. He wrapped his worm hands around my waist, as I ran mines through his brow hair, screaming playfully: ‘’Eren! Put me down, I was gone only for a couple of days!’’

Most of my teammates disappeared quickly after we arrived; some walked home, others went somewhere together. Which meant only the captains, Eren and I were left near the van. And I sure wasn’t ready to show Levi how weak I get near my protective brother.

But, as always, he was already watching. His eyes were dull,snow sparkling in his raven hair, as he helped Annie put the wrestling gear from the van and into a smaller car, judging by the black colour, it had to be his.

Eren eventually put me down, smiling and messing my hair. ‘’I was just too bored without you. Plus,’’ he leaned closer so only I could hear him, ‘’I was worried that that midget would do something to you.’’ He raised an eyebrow at Levi’s direction, meeting with his eyes. Eren’s face frowned, seeing how cold Levi’s eyes cut through him, and just nodded into his direction. I just stared at the two boys, hoping they would not jump into a fight just by looking at each other. Seeing Levi’s arm muscles tense, I was ready to pull Eren back, but as mines and Levis stares met in the same line, he suddenly relaxed and smirked, turning away. 

My lips curved, knowing he wouldn’t do anything – at least when I’m around. ‘’Eren, let’s go home, I’m tired,’’ I whispered, grabbing Eren’s wrist gently and leading him away. He was still looking back for a couple of seconds, but he finally shook his hand and smiled.

‘’Yeah, yeah, let’s go.’’

*

‘’So how was the trip?’’ asked Carla, Eren’s mom, while she placed a plate of soup in front of me.

After Eren waited for me in the parking lot, we eventually came home and were greeted with Carla’s special dinner. I was starving, so I took off my coat and boots, then quickly sat down and dig into the food. Girsha, Eren’s dad was on a business trip, so only the tree of us sat beside the table, both of them smiling and watching me it with joy. The food that mom prepared for me was amazing as always, worm and not too hot. The place was polished, guessing Eren had to work pretty hard, while I wasn’t here.

My mouth was full so I just smiled at her. She balanced her head on her hand, smiling at me with her big brown eyes, just like Eren’s. ‘’Take your time,’’ she kindly whispered, seeing, how I quickly wanted to swallow everything down just to say something. But stubborn as I get, I almost choked, but was then free to speak.

‘’It was – ‘’

Ringggggg, the doorbell announced someone’s arrival.

‘’I’ll get it!’’ yelled Eren and ran down the hall, only to open the door for a little blond guy. His blue eyes sparkled, as his clothes were wet from the falling snow.

‘’Armin! Come in!’’ my brother greeted him joyfully and took his coat off. I watched Armin get closer and sat down the table, talking with Eren. They were always very close as friends – talking about anything, how they will travel the world and find exotic places or anything extraordinary. I saw Carla raising an eyebrow at me, still waiting for my answer. I quickly smiled and searched for a word that would cover the whole weekend properly.

My eyes widened, my heartbeat started beating in the new rhythm I started experiencing this last days around Levi. Only around him I felt completely lost and found, relaxed and calm at the same time. He made me feel so freaking good, almost as happy as I was a few years ago, when Eren thought me to live how I want. He was a closed book for me, but the way he treated me like no one else, made me go insane.

While driving, we barely exchanged a word and kept looking ahead. But our hands were holding on each other the whole time. He had to let go a couple of times, but just to change up the gear, and then his worm hand found mine again. Since we couldn’t exchange little kisses during the ride, Levi’s index finger made little circles down my palm and up my hand. Even, if his skin was barely touching mine, it made me shiver in a strange, amazing way. The feeling was amazing, just to have him next to me, plus a person would say it can be awkward, not talking to the person, you care so much about for the whole ride. But it wasn’t embarrassing for us - it was more like comfortable, talking to one another with body language. I occasionally looked at him, seeing his pale face shine under the sun, raven hair messing with his forehead. But his eyes were blue, which was new from yesterday. His lips were even curved for some time, he wasn’t smiling though, but it was the closest thing to a smile you could see on his face. Seeing, how he bothered with the strings of hair constantly blocking his vision, I chuckled and stretched my hand to move them away. My body acted on its own, needless to say, I found out that only, when he looked at me confusingly. But he wasn’t angry, more like astonished, so I just shrugged and giggled, looking on the road again.

We stopped twice – to eat and use the bathroom. At first I stayed in the car but the second time, I couldn’t hold in anymore. I rushed to the bathroom, while others ate their sandwiches next to the van. Some even got coffee and drank it to stay awake for the next couple of driving hours. I was hungry myself, but I already ate all of my food during the last break and while driving. So my stomach pretty much messed with me by releasing strange sounds, as I rushed from the toilet to ask Marco for some food. But, since the sun was still shining freaking bright, I walked around the corner, not seeing anything in front of me, and bumped into someone.

I was about to apologize, not seeing the man in front of me, while all of the sudden, the figure knocked me to the wall, shutting me with a pair of soft lips. Tasting the amazing taste of black tea, I quickly knew who it was, that I bumped into. We were around the corner, only a road separated us from the van. He sure didn’t expect to hit with me like that, but when I opened my eyes and his lips still didn’t move away from mines, only deepening the kiss, I knew he didn’t mind it. I smiled into the kiss and he pulled away, admiring me with his blue eyes. ‘’We have to go,’’ he said and turned around, walking away like nothing happened. I at first stared at him confusingly but than just walked behind him, licking my lower lip softly.

But as soon as we again sat in the truck, our hands found each other and didn’t break apart till we arrived home. There, I wanted to crawl out and grab my stuff, when he roughly grabbed my arm and pulled me closer, whispering: ‘’See you at school, Ackerman.’’ With that, we said goodbye and just before I could say anything in return, Eren sprint in my direction and lifted me up.

So my mind finally gave me the perfect answer on Carla’s question – ‘’Interesting.’’

--

-heya!

Sorry for the shorter chapter,plus it may sucked, but hope you liked it anyways :)

-bye!