CHAPTER 27

Surprise, surprise! This chapter will be a special one! We will see the whole thing from Levi's POV. Emotions from his side will be finally revealed.

(oh and I've realized, I should start dedicating this chapters to ya all, who have been such a great support from the very start)

;)

--Levi's POV--

People screamed, shouted, gasped in horror everywhere around me, all eyes locked on a single figure knocked down by a rushing car. Her body flew in the air like a fragile bird and hit the ground after several meters. She didn't move afterwards.

I would lie if I didn't say, my heart almost exploded in my chest and a fire burst out of it as a cracked yell of pure agony. My steps echoed in my ears, eyes locked on the girl, who meant the world to me, but was just now on the street, twisted and unconscious.

Damn, move faster Levi! I yelled at myself and my speed increased, till I was moving on the road, blocking the cars and finally next to Mikasa, where a couple of strangers formed a small circle, looking at her with huge eyes, one talking on the phone.

Out of control, my knees shook and I crushed down next to her, hands automatically around her waist and lifting her head up. She didn't even twitch as she usually did, when my hands dug in the back of her hair. Those midnight hair, I thought observing her face – there were scars on one side of the face, pale was her skin as Snow White's, as her head kept falling back in my arm. I don't know why I expected her hair to be soft and wavy like before, but the strings were now sticky and I quickly removed my hand, revealing it colored in blood as if I dug my palm in a bottle of paint. I searched for the pulse, but it was hardly there.

My eyes watered at the scenery and out of nowhere, my voice rose: ''Don't just stand there, do something you shit heads!''

I was referring to a bunch of idiots, who just looked at us like we were acting a scene of Romeo and Juliet in modern life. Then the awkward old guy with a long hipster beard and huge glasses frowned at me and planted a finger to his lips, saying: ''She's already on the phone with the hospital – after all, she's the responsible one.'' His hand gestured towards the young female, who was nervously walking next to the car, eyes filled with tears as she dragged her hand in her hair a couple of times. I would have pitied her mightily, if she just weren't the driver, who crushed into Mikasa. But a part of me knew, Mikasa didn't look, when she was on the road and she wasn't careful enough. And now she was bleeding horribly, blood moving in streams down her left arm and at the back of her head, both parts damaged to make a person cry. A puddle of dark red formed itself under her coat, just above her ribs. It's only a matter of time...

Stop it Levi! I almost punched myself for thinking so foolishly. She's going to make it.

''The ambulance is on its way!'' the red-haired lady next to the car shouted, squeezing her phone as she walked closer to the two of us. She covered her mouth with one hand, clearly petrified of what she'd done. Her eyes were huge and sparkly tears fell down her flushed face as she stood next to me, muttering: ''I'm truly sorry, you poor thing. I never saw you coming.''

I realized, she was talking to Mikasa and I wanted to yell at her for even apologizing, but seeing her broken face and regret written across it, I managed to hold myself. After all, what if she doesn't make it?

Suddenly, my hands flew in the air and I started hitting the grey concrete under me till my fists were red and my eyes watered.

It's my fault, words echoed in my head, as I didn't stop hitting the god damn floor.