CHAPTER 26

Hy guys!

Sorry for not uploading, but I am a little busy at the time and well – who am I kidding, I really wanted this long chapter to be good, because – grab your nearest drinks, food, anything to chew on – you'll see why.

---

'I need some time.'

I never personally thought such words could leave a black, sticky mark over my heart. My eyes immediately opened, right before Levi fell back into darkness, his lips moving in unknown way. Words he tried to say were useless as my lungs felt on fire and a silent scream crawled up my throat and jerked me from my nightmare like a big truck in the middle of the night with those awful flashing lights.

Rubbing my eyes and adjusting them to the morning sunlight, I cupped my face and stopped the spinning and painfully calmed myself. I still felt a little sick, maybe even hangover and the god damn pain just wouldn't leave my back alone, even, when I straightened up in a sitting position, just to be blocked by someone's hand.

I looked around, surprised to realise, I was lying in the middle of the basement ground and the bonnie hand, hanging over my shoulders was indeed Sasha's. Fortunately, the place had those little flat windows just below the ceiling, so the light from outside illuminated the figures, surrounding me.

All of them were mine friends – not a single stranger passing out next to me. Connie was lying flat on his stomach next to Sasha, moth hung opened and saliva dripping down his jaw as he embraced a bottle of beer with his left hand, squeezing it tightly to his chest. Needless to say, he looked pretty funny and harmless like that, clearly a party animal as much as Sasha. A figures head was leaning against his legs; eyes shut and lips lightly curved – Christa. Her long blond hair was tangled, but she looked always so innocent, even with smudged mascara around her eyes. And to no huge surprise, Ymir was squeezing against her best friend; hands snaked around the blond girl's waist.

There were no signs of Amir, Marco, Jean and Eren – but, then again, I wasn't really surprised. My brother and his best friend were sleepless morning types and they were probably up there, preparing breakfast for all of us – Marco probably joined them or he just left with Jean.

Thinking about the brown eyed horse face made the pain just curve itself out and back again into my stomach and I gasped in pain. It was not that weird, considering, I spent the night, sleeping on the basement floor with my friends.

A hang-overly sleepover? I don't even know...

I scratched my head and safely removed Sasha's hand from me and she just mumbled something, then the place was yet again embraced into silence. Trying not to wake my friends up, I slowly sneaked upstairs and into the kitchen, where noise and voices could be heard, while a tasteful smell of omelette waved around the place. Along the way I tried to answer some of my questions, but my head couldn't process it all at once and kept hurting.

What happened last night? I remembered the awkward moments and the cheering of my birthday and Levi leaving – tears already came back, but I just pushed them down and tried to stay strong.

Maybe it was all just a dream, I thought to myself as I stepped into the kitchen, but the fact that Eren, Armin and Marco were there sitting, Armin talking to the freckled boy while my brother was preparing warm food and Jean was nowhere to be seen, just made all look pretty real to me.

I collapsed into the chair next to Marco, who didn't look even slightly exhausted. He gave me a genuine smile and tapped my shoulders, whispering: ''Morning, birthday girl.''

''Morning, shitty faces,'' I replied in return, yawning and stretching myself up.

Marco acted hurt at my statement, as he put his hand above his heart, squeezing his eyes, but I knew, he was joking. We chuckled and talked about nothing important, and then someone placed a plate of delicious food in front of me. Looking up, I saw Eren smiling at me, as he just messed my hair.