CHAPTER 9

This is it you guys – the battle between our OTP!

Please, don't get angry if you know anything about wrestling, I just tried to describe the fight between them in the best way possible! :)

-bye!

—-

''Alright,'' said coach, as we walked to the mat, looking each other constantly, like the Saturday night.

''You know the rules for the freestyle wrestling, right?'' he looked at me, while I finally took my eyes of Levi just to nod. Coach Erwin smirked and stepped beck, blowing into his whistle.

''Ready?''

 Shit, I'm nervous. His hand moved up, preparing for the drop.

Levi's eyes are so dark right now. What is he thinking? Why am I even thinking about him, I shook my head, focusing and preparing to show my best.  The blue-eyed raven was looking relaxed, as he observed my whole body. Guessing, by his emotionless and sharpened eyebrows, he already had the technique in mind.

But he's not the only one.

My heart was pounding with every second; the hand came falling down, as I took the time to look at the raven for one last proper time, before willing to kick his ass. I could only hear my breathing and Eren's voice breaking from the distance, as the whistle finally came off.

It was like someone turned of the noise in the gym, no sigh or anything could be heard, as neither of us made our move. We kept watching each other, both waiting for the opponent to do the first move. I moved my hands in front of me, anxious for grabbing him. His hand was still resting on his thighs, but they came swirling up as he pushed himself from the mat towards me.

The movement was so quick and his body made flawless moves, as I came to realisation only in time to tense my muscles on my leg, as he roughly grabbed it. His palms were extremely cold, as I could see a hint of red in his eyes. He looked so cold and scary, but I knew my way around.

I was a god damn professional! No, I still am!

As soon, as he tried to turn me around and grab me by my waist to pin me down, I blocked his attack, clenching his hand with mine.  His hair blocked his face from me, but his hands tightened, clearly showing he didn't expected this.  I took the chance and rotated quickly, one leg still strongly standing, as I snaked my hands on his shoulders, tightly grabbing his fabric between my fingers, as we spin around.

Even if my move was a little unexpected, Levi was still quick at reading situations. As soon as he realized, I tried to push him on his side, he moved closer to me, all happening as we spin. He took both of his hands, landing on my sides and he basically lifted me from the ground, while pushing me back. I gasped at his sudden reaction, not minding for the whispers around us. 

Wait, I thought, as I slowly started falling on my back and Levi on top of me, I was in this situation before. I only need to...

I shrunk my legs to the body, so I was in a position of a ball. I covered his cold hands with mine, snaking my fingers around his wrists. That sure made him anxious, as I could feel his hands shake under my touch. I was an inch away from hitting the ground and losing, but I moved my head to the side, costing me to do a back flip. Levi was quite surprised, he tried to let go, but I was strong to.

Oh, no, I thought, no chickening out now, Levi. I fall, you fall with me!I pushed him over my body, so we landed in a quite strange position, very similar to the one from the party. I was on my knees, clenching his wrists, as his figure was under me, almost touching the mat. Only a matter of time, and I would have won by now, but his elbows were strong, as he held his body and mine in the air.

I was quite surprised when he only smirked on my attempt on pushing him down. And it only made me more pissed, but I completely blocked his technique from my mind. Because, right in that moment of me thinking too much, he used his party technique of gripping my waistline and pulling the both of us up. He did that exactly the same as the last time, but I wasn't careful enough to think of that.

Bullshit, my mind screamed as he snaked his hands up my arm, pushing me to my knees. I wasn't yet defeated, but he was really hurting me there. I could feel his breath speed near my face, our raven hair tangling.

My face was near hitting the ground, so I relaxed my muscles, ready to be overcome by his incredible strength.  All the negative thoughts vanished away, only darkness crawling from the corners from my eyes. I slightly closed my eyes, not moving a bit, waiting for his final push that will bring me down. It was only a few seconds, I was ready, and I felt his body acting strange. He was waiting, probably surprised I gave up. He untightened his grip a little, insecure his eyes were.

 But in the moment, he was about to push me down, I heard Erens voice slicing through the air: ''don't give up, Mikasa!''

My eyes widened by his statement.

Eren,

''fight!''

You thought me to never give up, to show and stand out my true nature – who I truly am. My eyes teared a little, as energy over floated my body.  

 ''fight!''

Anger and power came back to me, as I rotated my body, surprising Levi to relax his grip.

You sure won't win, Levi. I won't let you!

''Fight!''

As his final words cut from the stands, I made a small yell of anger and spin as quickly my body could, turning Levi around. And before he could do anything, his eyes widened for the first time, as his face finally showed colour. He couldn't possibly predict this.

And that's good. I finally became the closed book, as I pinned him to the ground, my hand on his chest. As his body hit the mat, it made a loud sound, while he groaned quietly, so only I could hear him.

Oh, the sweet sound of defeat!