CHAPTER 33

Hey!

I just wanna say, this chapter is dedicated to my lovely friend, who has just started on Wattpad and if any of you are interested in some mystery/thriller type of story, you could check out her first story on this page, called H(a)unters of the night. She's really talented and all she needs is a bit of support ;)

Thanks!

p.s. I honestly wanted to end this chapter on a cliff-hanger, but I said fuck it and threw everything into a messy, long one. And while reading, I recommend you to check the song See You In Peru by Sophie Elizabeth – it goes great with the ending part of this chapter ;)

Enjoy!

--

So this was it.

After all, the drama will eventually be over. Of course, that fragile night, Armin and Jean didn't know, what Eren meant, when he said we'll be starting over, but his words hit my right in my melting heart.

It meant that after the championship, we'll simply disappear and never look back on the friends we'd left behind. Even if it hurt, the thought of it, it was better this way. And even if my mind kept yelling that it's wrong, deep down I hoped I was doing the right thing.

After all – I'll be leaving my blue-eyed raven behind. But first I had to confront him; I had to see, where all of this will eventually lead to and if anything goes wrong, I'll be out of town before anyone knows.

Surprisingly, the week went by as a ghost and sooner or later, I had to walk into 4th of March, the evening I've waited for so long – the day of the championship.

If I would say, I was shitting cupcakes; it would be absurd, because I felt even worse. There is not a single word to describe how I felt, when Jean, Eren and I were packing some suitcases into our car and finally driving off towards the big stadium in a town, only an hour away, where I'll finally see him. Of course, Jean decided to join in on supporting me, but he couldn't shut his horse mouth on asking about the packing and the starting over thing.

But we weren't easy to give out any information and he soon gave up. We simply said, he'll be flying out of the car, if he'll keep asking those stupid questions and you can't believe how quickly he stopped.

He's such a horse face.

Sadly, Armin stayed behind; catching a fever a day before. And even though, I kept hugging him on the doorstep for what seemed like eternity. It was just before we left and he simply smiled adorably, telling me I'm being silly, while I hugged him like it was the last time.

But that was the catch – it was the last time. He just didn't know.

We waved goodbye to our previous home and drove off to the finals. Seriously, it felt like being in some stupid movie, when all the shit happens at the end and the feel trucks hit on the same road and leave you crying, smiling and confused in a cloud of emotions.

And that was probably why I was bracing myself. We had an hour on the road, one freaking hour with my brother and a horsey, and later than a whole evening with my teammates – and the raven.

But those hours were nothing to compare with final seconds. Only those couple of seconds, when I'll simply stare into his eyes and wave goodbye, finally understanding and letting go of the depression.

And I'll be finally walking in a new adventure.

Minutes passed, land shapes appeared and disappeared, anxiety rose with every moment we were closer to the stadium. Eren was driving; I was sitting next to him and starring out of the window, as Jean was yawning in the back seat, trying to start a decent conversation, but every time, he failed. Eren was too annoyed, because Jean came with us in the first place, and I had to relax with my music and the nature outside. I focused my thoughts on the endless sky, melting snow and cracking trees as much as on the colourful houses and passing buildings. It was hard though, since every time a picture of Levi would appear in the middle and I would lose focus. But if I wanted to stand there normally and not faint or go on a rampage with my wrestling or just bombing him with questions, I had to calm the fuck down.