CHAPTER 40

It was a cold night.

  Walking down the street, I put the hoodie over my head, trying to keep myself warm. I was in the middle of nowhere and freezing my ass off. Yeah, if I haven’t run off in the first place, this wouldn’t have been happening. But Eren just pissed me off so much – how could he do this to me? How could he simply think, not sharing that kind of information would do any good? I’d probably be as angry as I am now, but my two months wouldn’t go to waste. I wouldn’t have been crying night over night, thinking Levi doesn’t care for me anymore, thinking that I was left alone.

Thinking that he doesn’t love me. But now it’s too late anyways – I can’t go back and change the past, I can’t walk back and make everything better.

Because what’s left of our love, will always and forever be ruined.

The thought made me tremble even more and since I’ve been crying in the car, tears were now cold against my face, as my warm breath mixed with the coldness of the evening. Whipping the little strings from my face, I got sleepier with every step I took towards the unknown. Firstly, I fought at the wrestling championship, then I got punched into the side by my raven and now I’ve just realized my brother ended my relationship.

 This was one messed up evening.

The pain was still spreading against my side and I clenched my teeth in agony and coldness. Trying to forget every single worry, I observed the town I was now walking in. The town’s centre was unusually small, but really positive-looking. The town was separated by a little river that waved through it, while bridges of any kind connected the little city. There were trees planted on every side of the midnight river, covered in little lights, making the walk seem magical, as the old houses turned the city into a spring wonderland. They were small and cracking, but all were various colours, from sky-blue to sunset orange. It took my breath away, since I had no idea, this place even existed. But this was just the town’s centre – old and embraced with warming people, now rushing up and down the streets, while even the late hour, some coffee shops were still opened. Walking faster this time, I could see a little sign ahead of me – a little Café. Its green sign was making my stomach growl, and I intended to make a stop for a cup of cappuccino, because I honestly had no idea where to go from here and I wasn’t a fan of passing out in the middle of the street on a spring night. It was dangerous, people here were unknown to me and I just wanted to keep on going. Besides, I always had my angry feelings waking me up, if I just wanted to shut my eyes for more than two seconds. Just the thought or even an image of three boys could make me walk even faster, not caring to lose myself tonight. Wherever I go, it was still better than go back on that parking lot or in the car with Eren. So that’s why I even turned my phone to mute.

Everything was better without anyone, only me and my daydreaming brain. But feelings didn’t want to leave me alone for a while, even when I finally reached the Café on the other side of the town’s square, little and with a lovely statue of a man in the middle. The place above it was decorated in small lights, illuminating the cold ground and making my path easier to see. Seeing people inside the little place ahead of me, my heart shivered with relief, as I pushed the door open, making the bell above them respond with a high pitched sound.

Such an old fashioned coffee shop.

But the place was warm and lovely, small and cosy-looking. It had wooden walls and old pictures or vinyl’s covering them. At the back of the place were stairs, leading up while the whole ending wall was covered with bookshelves and various books, begging to be read. The lighting was based on little lights all over the place while the counter was squeezed in the left side of the coffee shop and little tables and chairs took place over the right side. There were some groups of people, enjoying their evening drinks, or simply reading a book, browsing through their laptops or enjoying the calm jazz music, playing from the stereos, which were placed in every corner of the room. Frankly, I’ve never seen such a cosy place in my entire life and if I had a chance, I would just get myself a warm tea or cacao and sit on a chair, until I’d fall asleep. The place was strangely tempting, but as much as I wanted to be somewhere warm and just go to my dreamlands and wake up, when the sun is barely illuminating the Earth, I couldn’t. I had to keep on going – I had to stay awake the whole night or find a place to sleep. Those were the only choices I was left with. Honestly, I could just get a ride back to my hometown or call someone to pick me up and I would be safe.