CHAPTER 10

- Heya!

I first have to thank you all for such amazing support I've been getting so far! It's truly something; I just can't find the proper word to describe it :)

And sooo, this chapter is going to be a little bit calmer and focused on emotions, but I assure you, the next chapters will be more exciting!

-bye!

---

I let out a heavy sigh, letting go of his chest. My hair was drowning in sweat, my eyes red as cheeks from the extreme heat. But my lips curved like I was a child again, playfully looking at my friends. Eren stood up, screaming as he raised his hand victoriously.

I wanted to scream and raise mine in return but Erwin's whistle caught my intention first.

I turned around only to find his face colourless, Hanji's face red like a tomato, as the rest of them just looked at me, their mouth hanging opened.

''Now that was something!" Hanji awkwardly cut the silence between us. She was brushing her hands together like a villain, but coach was speechless. I saw Eren, Armin and Jean running down the stands towards me. But In the corner of my Eye, I still saw Levi lying on the ground, pushing his hair back. He was on his elbows, but his eyes were looking into my friends' direction. I knew that at this point, I should greet them and smile endlessly or maybe ask Erwin and Hanji if I even got in, but my body did the unexpected. I turned around and did a couple of steps forward, until I was standing above Levi. He got distracted by my shadow landing on his pale face, so he looked up. His eyes were even darker and stranger than usual, his lips were not curved. His eyebrows were pushed down, like he was cringing on seeing my figure. But even if my heart told me otherwise, I reached my hand towards him, putting up a truthfully beautiful smile. He first looked confused, his eyes looking at my face than my hand, until he eventually sighed, stretching his cold palm to meet with mine. Our sweaty fingers interweaved as a small electric shock went through my fragile body, lightly shaking me. I helped him get on his feet, so he stood only an inch away from me. He looked up through his raven hair, his cold eyes finally showing a sign.

Interest

My eyes sparkled at his sign of amusement, and I felt a strange feeling develop in my stomach. I was confused and surprised, but the light in his eyes slowly faded away as he suddenly held my hand again, shaking it with such care and respect as never before.

"Welcome, Mikasa Ackerman," he said with a strange voice, "to the elite team."

*

Some say that exciting news spread like viruses. Those people are worth listening to. The news about me kicking Levi's ass at the try outs the other day affected the school in a few early hours next day.

As Eren and I made our way into the yellow building, we were quickly surrounded by students, we never met before. But they didn't care, they made a circle around us, and even if we continued walking, they followed, asking annoying questions. Even, when we were reunited with the group, they stick around and poked me, laughed and couldn't stop asking about how I did it. I could only smile and pretend I was okay with a bunch of strangers following me like shadows but I just wanted to run away and lock myself in a private place.

Only, when we finally got to class, ready for the lesson, they said goodbye and left. I was shaking from anger until I was in my chair. I held my head down, hair covering my face and I relaxed all of my muscles.

This was painful and it was only a day after.

Armin warned me, that this might happen, since all the students called Levi the schools strongest. It first didn't bother me, but as I experienced it on my skin... It was a pain in the ass, being chased by a bunch of strangers, and all you've done was pinning a guy to the ground, which gave me the ticket to the elite team.

The first lesson was English, so this was the perfect opportunity to sleep in or thing through, since the teacher, which was older than anybody I knew, gave to shits about what students did in her classroom.

So I decided to think of a plan- how to stay invisible for the next hours I've had in school that day. First I thought of just running home, but I knew that would just made Eren worried. So I swiped my idea away, such as the rest of the following. I eventually gave up and rather look through the window. The atmosphere was getting colder, since winter was coming (an: hehehe #got), plus almost all of the colourful leaves fell down the cracked trees and covered the iced grass.

I personally loved the idea of winter. Cold nights, warm black tea and reading books next to the fireplace - I enjoyed all of those and was excited that Christmas was a short time away and there was only a matter of time till the first snowdrops. I was really overwhelmed by the feeling, until my eye caught an unusual figure by a tree. It was a man, sitting in a corner of school property, where only a few could see him, and by that I meant me. He was covered in a black coat, his worm breath mixing with the air outside. He was just sitting there, enjoying his time, as I was locked up here, pretending to be listening to boring teachers and in my free time, I was chased by strangers, which clearly had no idea of personal space.

But what made me the angriest was, that this was undoubtedly the only person in school, with which I felt like I was divergent.

Levi - he looked so comfortable out there, while the rest of us were rotting in here. I couldn't see his face, but I could tell, he had his eyes closed, leaning his head on the autumn tree.

Is it possible, he feels the same pressure as me?

The thought over floated me instantly, making me think about him, as I watched his coat and hair float. For being called the strongest, he looked even smaller and venerable in this moment.

Maybe he got attacked by the student too and used his time to hide outside.

I couldn't stop staring at him like that night on the roof. He looked exactly the same, only that time, we were closer and now the gap between us was heart-breaking.

I roughly pinched myself for even considering this. But I couldn't pretend not to care, not to myself.

Every day, my thoughts would fly over the events of the Saturday night, when his face was so close to mine, making me uncontrollably shiver. The way his face was shaped, or his beautiful hair melted into the darkness. His ice cold grey eyes looked different, his peachy lips separated for a second - but it was all gone, destroyed by Erens voice and later then rage.

I took the time to clear my thoughts, so I pushed both of my hands through my hair, sighing heavily. I looked over the classroom to find everyone acting as usual, but as soon as I turned around to look at Levi again, he wasn't sitting anymore. He stood under the shadows of the nearby tree, his coat and raven hair shading into the dark. Even if his face was a blur from this distance I could still feel his look on me. My eyes widened, my nails anxiously cutting in the dry skin. I gasped for air, trying to remain calm. But he just stood there, moving his head from side to side, as my body was burning up from inside. I had this weird feeling in my stomach, which you get only on rare accessions.

When you're scared as hell, or –

Mikasa, I whispered, shocked by my discovery. Calm down, this isn't you. I couldn't bring myself up to believe my mind, which was slowly exploding. But, judging by how he wouldn't move from that tree, we were both caught in a strange way of emotions, which neither of us understood completely.