CHAPTER SEVEN

I hate Mondays.

They're all the same. Get up, get dressed in dark clothes, eat breakfast, talk to parents, wait for Eren to get dressed and then go to school. It's always the same boring routine, only that today, Erens face was all covered in bandages.

When we got home after the party, Eren quickly took a long shower and I gave him the bandage, so we told his parents, that he tripped down the stairs. Even then, they looked super worried, but it was still a better story than telling the truth.

We usually walked super-fast and chat during it, but today was a day, we had to think some things through. How to face Jean and the rest of the group, plus, I promised to myself, if I see Levi, I will blast his head off.  Everything was stupid, even the day was colder, black clouds on the sky, showing, that it will rain in any time.

Walking slowly, we had to fasten the rhythm as the first teardrops fell on our skin. As we made it to the school, we were completely soaking wet, but we didn't care. We spoke some words to each other, both a little daydreaming, as we eventually made it to the groups 'cool' spot.

Everyone was there. Sasha, fighting with Connie, Ymir and Christa chatting, Marco smiling with Armin, even Jean was there. He looked awful, but all the others looked the same. The first to saw us was Sasha and she came rushing towards us. She had to drink a lot at the party, since she had no clue, how Eren and Jean both looked so horrible.

They all eventually came greeting us, only Jean stayed behind. He looked at us with hate, his skin surprisingly pale, but he soon gave up. The boys first looked at each other deadly, but later on shook hands, both making a fake smile.

''Look, I'm really sorry,'' said Jean, blushing, as he looked at me, ''and Mikasa, about the party...''

''It's okay, forget about it,'' I rushed into his sentence.  ''I was a little rude, I apologise.''

''A little?'' asked Jean, but I knew him well enough to tell, he was just messing around.  I punched his arm playfully, as we slowly walked to the class, chatting. I was rather surprised, they didn't jump at each other because of the party and as Eren being the overprotective brother, and he took the whole thing really calmly.

Anyways, I was just happy that the whole Saturday night was behind us and there was no conflict left behind.

And that's when I remembered. The sky, the roof, us up there; Levi and I.

What exactly happened that night? What was he thinking? I was still pissed at him for punching Eren in the nose and I sure will get my revenge soon.

''Hey, Mikasa, are you okay?'' cut Armin's voice through the thin air, slamming me back into reality. I saw his concerned face looking at me as the rest of the group. I couldn't come up with any other excuse, so I just smiled, shaking my head: ''I'm good.''

But I wasn't. Not even the slightest.  Even in the class, my mind wandered to that particular memory deep in my thoughts, slowly floating me away.  I even got warned of not paying attention in the class, but I didn't care that much. I was a great student without even trying that hard. A true natural, we could say.

I caught myself looking through the school window a few times today, roughly biting my lower lip. I watched the trees moving in the cold autumn wind, leaves swirling in the air, as I could taste the blood from my bitten lips. I was so caught in my dreams, I paid no attention whatsoever. I balanced my head on my hand, as I had a privilege to sit beside the window, looking out, as one ear still heard the professors explaining their lessons.

I just couldn't stop thinking about him. He was so tiny, but strong, which he proved by lifting me on the roof. His raven hair was so beautiful; his skin looked so soft, tempting to be touched. His ice-cold eyes pierced through everyone with the same amount of hate, but he was just, so interesting.