CHAPTER 13

We slowly made our way downstairs, finding everyone, except Levi on the couch, talking and drinking. We walked pass them, willing to disappear, but Annie's sharp voice caught us first.

''Where are you lovebirds headed to?''

The group laughed, as I just turned around, ignoring her use of word lovebirds, saying: ''We're going to get some fresh air.''

''okay, just don't take too long.''

I ignored her last sentence, but not on purpose, since I was practically out, shutting the door behind me. The cold night wind stroke our faces in a second and we ran like little kids to the other side of the lake. My hair was still wet, but I protected them with the warm, fuzzy hood. I pulled my scarf to my nose, giggling through my dry, cracked lips. Marco was the first sitting down on the sand, and he gasped loudly, clearly shocked by the cold.

I smirked, wrapping the soft fabric around my waist, as I sat beside him and he gave me a sandwich, he wrapped for me during dinner. I looked at him friendly, taking the food and slowly made a little bite.

It was delicious. Whoever prepared this sandwich is sure an amazing cook. I ate it quickly, as Marco sat beside me and laughed.

''You were really hungry now weren't you?''

''Mhmm,'' I muttered through mouthful, swallowing food and salvia down my throat.

The lake was pretty calm during night, small waves lightly lapped against the sandy shore. Wind was cold but not too pesky, making me relax in my fuzzy coat, I just bought. Spruces were moving in the sync as I closed my eyes, listening to different sounds surrounding me. We still heard laughers from the lake house, only they were almost muted, as Marco and I sat in silence. He was looking around, checking the nature, as I almost fell asleep. And when I was almost half into a peaceful slumber, he spoke: ''I'm just going to check on something, I'll be right back.'' He stood up quickly, looking me down with his brown eyes. I glanced up, smiling: ''I won't go anywhere.''

''I hope,'' he joked, slowly heading for the house.

''Hey,'' I shouted, ''what's that suppose to mean?'' But he gave me no reply; he was already too close to the house to hear me. I sighed, looking into the black abyss in front of me. I could see my reflection in the silver water; the puffy blue eyes, a shade lighter at the edges of the iris. My face was pale from sleepiness, my cheeks bonnie. Even my lips were dry and un colourful - I looked like a ghost with raven hair.

Beck in the days, I used to shine like the freaking sun, but now - I thought about all the years after the incident, how I met Eren and his parents. How I was rotting in a place, filled with shitty people for over a year. That's when my face started to fade.

But now - I looked pale and acted strong, but inside - something changed, my mind is acting ridiculous, my heartbeat is always increasing, and my life has turned upside down. I cupped my face into my warm palms, letting the raven hair fall behind my ears.

I actually gained colour in this last moths of my life. I've actually begin socializing and I'm not a shadow anymore. Students see me; they know me, like me, I gained friends that I trust.

And all because of...

My thoughts roughly disappeared, as I heard footsteps coming closer.

Well, Marco sure knows how to take time for himself.

''What took you so long?'' I asked, playing with my scarf, but he gave no answer. Footsteps just increased, until he eventually stood beside me and sat a few inches away. But before doing so, he balanced himself, by landing his palms on my shoulders. Right, when his palms swift through coat's fuzzy fabric, an electric shock ran over my veins and my eyes widened. I saw my reflection blushing hardly as my heartbeat skipped a beat.

I've only had these chills, when a certain person touched my skin.

Oh no, my mind gasped.

The guy was sitting beside me, probably looking in my direction as always, but I just couldn't rotate my head. I was terrified at seeing his grey eyes, his raven hair. My soul just couldn't suck in all of that.

It all because, my mind repeated the last thought, while his cold fingers slowly intertwined with mines, almost making me faint. I slowly breathed in the cold air and glanced at the figure beside me.

Of him.

''What are you doing here, brat. Freezing your ass off?''

He was sitting there, just like on the roof - completely relaxed, his eyes pinning through me. He wore a beige sweater and black jeans, in which I would turn into an ice cube in these cold circumstances. Even, as we looked each other, he wouldn't move his hand from mine, which made me only more anxious and hard to breathe.

''No. I was just waiting for...''

''Marco?'' he abruptly cut me off as I raised my eyebrow. ''yeah, the brat got himself stuck with the group so I don't think he'll be coming back anytime soon.''

I sighed deeply, looking at my shaking hand, which was held by his gentle, long fingers.

Marco. Always so nice and loves to socialize. I couldn't blame him for ditching me, he's just like that.

''So is Marco like Eren to you,'' suddenly broke Levi's voice the silence. I got really surprised by his question and moved my hand from his. I flickered my eyelashes at him, frowning my forehead.

''What? Marco is a friend of my and Eren is...'' I still had no idea how to explain to Levi my relationship with Eren without opening too much. But he looked amused. Even in the dark, I could see his lips curve and how he raised his pointy eyebrow.

''Oh come on, not this crap again!'' I suddenly snapped, immediately standing up. I wrapped the coat around my waist to keep myself worm, but his hand again succeeded at not letting me go further.

''What crap?'' he acted stupid, spinning me around. My heartbeat increased only at looking at him for a second, but my body was boiling in anger. Why does he have to play with my emotions like that?

''Eren is my freaking brother, you dumbass!'' I yelled at him, finally breaking through his rough grip and started walking faster to the forest. I heard him sigh behind, possibly astonished over my breakdown, but I didn't care. Tears were filling my eyes, but I let them go, let them run over my cheeks and to my jaw line.

I was so done with him. This arrogant monster, a guy that made my mind go crazy every time. I was gasping loudly, walking into the darkness, with no intention on stopping or turning around. But as quick as I reached the forest line, I heard Levi running after me yelling my name.

''Mikasa!''

I walked further, faster.

''Mikasa, stop!''

I wanted to turn around, but my head only looked forward, floating deeper into the darkness.

''Mikasa, please!''

Please? PLEASE! My step speeded for a whole new level, until I was running, tears still dripping over my face, sobbing wildly.

''Mikasa, you don't understand. It's dangerous! There is a..''

But it didn't matter anymore. I ran forward, until I felt the ground under me shaking. I ran into a tree, gripping it instantly, as I saw a diagonal abyss right in front of me. But I was too late. The ground started shaking even more, stones falling into the darkness. I couldn't process the situation quickly enough and end up yelling while I lost feet under me. I was slowly falling down, my voice roughly breaking, until I saw Levi run towards me. He came like he was on fire, grabbing my broken body around my waistline and spin the both of us around. He pushed me away, so I landed on the ground as I saw him disappearing into the abyss.

H-he... saved me. My mind could only think of these three words, as my voice broke through the night.

''Levi!''

--

-heya!

Soo this was fun to write, plus super intense, but unfortunately you all gonna have to wait till Monday for the next one...

I wish you guys a big fat, happy weekend and hopes on seeing you soon! :)

-bye!