CHAPTER FOUR

The week passed along rather slowly, considering, I spent most of my free time with the group. They were quite a laughter trigger, making me chuckle all the time. Some were shy; others were independent and confident, as Jean and Eren were rebellious. 

It didn't surprise me at all; Eren was my brother and Jean was just a lost soul, trying to be like Eren, but not willing to admit it. Needless to say, it was really amusing, watching them fight over and over, until they eventually gave up or I broke it off. Eren cursed a little after, but he knew me as I knew him, so he tried to tamed himself.

But on other half – Jean was just so interesting. He went all the way, trying to prove himself, but as soon I jumped into the conversation, he stared at me with his brownish eyes, as his cheeks slowly flushed every single time. It was hilarious, but with time it became a little annoying, since all I had to do was to look at him and he turned into a big tomato.

Even other members noticed it. Christa only watched and giggled, giving me the eye, as Connie and Marco couldn't shut up about it. It's only a matter of time till Eren and Sasha find out, and I can confirm, it won't be nice.    

But even with all the teasing and hanging, weekend came crawling from the corner. I was more excited than a baby boy getting a new toy, when the last bell on Friday rang and all the students looked super happy going into a weekend of partying until throwing up. Oh course, that wasn't surprising at all, since it was 3 weeks into the second year of high school and nothing looked threatening enough to care about.

The last lesson was History so nobody had a wish to stay and hear Mr. Patterson end his class properly.  But calm as he is, he threw his hands in the air, sarcastically saying: '' Fine, fine, I guess you'll never find out what Napoleon did after...'' the rest was unclear, because of the ruckus, made by the rushing students. Eren and I only laughed, poking one another, as we slowly made our way to the corridor, wishing the professor a fine weekend. 

The day was worm for an autumn one, considering the bright sun illuminating the colourful trees outside the yellow building. Sky was ocean-blue and building around the school didn't look that depressed in the sunlight as usual. 

Eren and I made our way through the front gate, chatting about anything in particular, but we were quickly joined by Armin and Jean, as the rest already went home. We all lived in the same direction, so the conversation between us continued. Armin spoke about the upcoming events; he has to take care off as the student council as Jean just couldn't turn off his wanna-be act. Eren was already on the edge of bursting into Jeans face, but I quickly grabbed his elbow gently, not letting another conflict between them make its way through.

''Hey, so listen guys!'' Jean finally stopped talking about him and him and him...  '' there's a party at Reiner's house this Saturday and were all invited. So do any of you have the time?'' with that said, he turned to face me, his eyes sparkling with hope.

And like an urge to say anything, I tightened my red scarf around my neck while sighing: ''Won't do. I already have plans.''

''Yeah, I guess me to,'' said Eren smiling next to me, knowing I just don't want to.''

But stubborn as Jean can be, he raised his eyebrow and sharply repeated: '' You guess? And what's that supposed to mean?''

''It means, horse face,'' he yelled abruptly, ''I rather spent some quality time with my sister rather then you!''

I couldn't help but to laugh at his burst of anger as Jean almost tripped on nothing, shocked and red from embarrassment.  But as soon as our eyes met again, my laughter died with seeing tears in the corner of his darkened eyes.