CHAPTER 20

You know the sinking feeling you get in your stomach, just because your eyes see something they didn't expect to see in a long time or forever. Or how you feel every single thing around you beating, like its alive – the trees, rocks, snow, wind brushing coldly against your face. The moment you forget about everything around you and you want it to last forever, feel the adrenaline or energy hitting over your body in the matter of seconds. It a remainder us we're all human, with emotions, flaws and difference.

Like here we were him and I, gazing into each other's eyes like never before. Snow fell endlessly, melting on us, as he just stood there, cupping my face like never before. My eyes were shut, sucking in the affection his hands radiate on me. I know he was watching me, examining me from every corner possible. It wasn't creepy though, more like a pleasant feeling – the feeling of comfort. Because I knew he changed – a lot. Back then, his stares didn't mean a thing, or were good at not showing any feelings, just dull and emotionless. But now; he was shining with colourful emotions, like seeing my face causing too much of a burden to hide anything. The moment I told him everything there was to know about me, he accepted me, held me and made me feel good again. I wasn't rejected, mocked at, hell; I was embraced by not just him but a whole group of friends. They didn't see me as an outsider or a fighting machine, they didn't know that side of me – and I was grateful like never before.

Even as I didn't want this moment to end, I eventually embraced his hand and pulled it away from my face, exchanging a genuine smile with him. His eyes were shining endlessly blue, as my voice broke the cold silence.

''What are we doing here?''

He didn't seem surprised by my question; he rather curved his lips and shoved his hands into the coat's pockets. ''I needed to see you,'' he softly replied.

Levi looked amazing under the snowy surface. His raven black hair stood out of the white lair, as little snowflakes occasionally landed on his messy strings and coat. His skin was pale but not as bad as I the beginning, as his eyes were not an iron-grey looking like before. Checking him out right when the sun was falling down and half of his figure was shut under the shadow of the tree was perfect. He looked perfect. But fate seemed to love playing with me, and I couldn't flush, seeing how he raised an eyebrow, amused.

I was too embarrassed, plus my knowledge of words seemed to vanish, because I had no clue what to say. But Levi knew when to put me out of my misery.

''Please, I'm not the Christmas gift over here,'' he snickered, but as soon the words left his mouth, he widened his eyes as if he remembered something. ''if we're at this topic,'' he mumbled and searched for something inside of his pockets. I frowned, badly wanting to know what he was thinking of so I leaned forward, stopping inches before him. He had to feel my presence, since he glanced at me abruptly and surprised me by grabbing my wrist and pulling me closer, so I could feel his breath on my lips. By this time, my flaming butterflies were ready to jump at him, but I had to stay focused and leave him do what he wants.

Smiling wildly, he whispered:'' Close your eyes and don't peek.''

I did as he asked, only feeling his worm fingers tracing around my hand and then cold thin object touching my skin, making me tremble. Hearing him chuckle so close to me was hard not to just look at him and melt. Finally, his fingers left my hand and rather put a string of hair behind my ear.

''You can open them now.''

My eyelashes slowly flickered, as I gazed at my wrist in shock. Covering my mouth my eyes begin to tear, as he just held his hand on the back of my neck, smiling.

''Levi, I...'' I traced of. Nobody, other than my family has ever gave me something that precious, as this little golden bracelet, hanging around my wrist. It was thick and elegant, a small pendant shining under the fallen sun. It was in the shape of two wings, one blue and one white.