CHAPTER 18

'What is our true purpose in living at this cruel time on this strange, unexplained planet? Living by your own instinct or doing well for humanity? Because I personally discovered that even a gentle act of kindness or happiness can make a person fall in an instant mood – swing. It can make people feel... some will say that my statement is far from the truth, that emotions and feelings aren't real. That love is a chemical reaction. But if it would really be a single connection in our mind that makes our expressions as the side effects of a simple reaction, than why does it affect not only us, but everyone who is there with us. If you don't feel a thing directly or see it, it doesn't mean that it isn't there. Either you say that it doesn't exist, but you let it in, let it hurt you, effect on you more than it should have...' Mr. Zacharius talked with his deep voice, trying to keep everyone's attention.

Our literature teacher definitely knew how to make the last period before Christmas breaks interesting. It occur not even a single person typed into their phone or looked through the window. We've all listened to the one chapter in some random book the teacher brought today as his favourite novel with clearly a lot of 'mind blows'. I myself leaned onto the table, resting my elbows and soaking in the soft thoughts of a writer. I loved books – reading or listening to someone reading. But we could say I was rather picky with searching for right stories. Eren called me the 'book freak' but I just laughed, knowing his statement was not far from the truth.

Books with deep meanings are especially my kind of taste. That's why this chapter caught my intention: what is the meaning of life? Everyone wonders how to change their fantasies into reality; others have no guts for it. Besides, my mind needed a little break, since I constantly thought about Levi. I just couldn't stop thinking about him. The way he reacted on my question in the gym by yanking me over into a passionate kiss only we could exchange. I could still taste the black tea on my lips though. But what filled me with anxiety was what came afterwards.

As he surprised me in the changing room the same day, we confessed our affections for each other, well... mostly me, but that's not the point. The fact his eyes sparkled ocean blue after I invited him to the party Eren and I prepare on New Year's made me super excited. Even if he said he'll think about it and we broke off by exchanging a light kiss for goodbye, a part of me deep down there knew, this year is going to end rather interesting, if and only if Levi comes.

'' So,'' the teacher closed his book and leaned onto his table, eyeing the classroom,'' does anyone have any questions?''

I sighed, looking at my classmates, which were on the edge of their seats, counting the minutes till the end. Yet we enjoyed this kind of lessons, but again we were who we were. Hopeless little kids, waiting for Christmas spirit to fill our bodies with that special winter joy.

I saw Eren's foot nervously twitching under the table. His face was lightened up as he bit his lower lip, eyes focused on the clock. My brother sure loved Christmas and New Year's. Unfortunately, I completely forgot about him.

How the hell will I tell him Levi is coming to our party?

My face frowned at that, knowing Eren won't accept Levi so easily. So I intend to wait a little longer to tell him about my affections for Levi. Because let's make something clear – no matter how strong Levi is, if Eren goes on rampage, he'll not stop till Levi lies on the ground, half broken. But still, seeing my two favourite people in the world fighting would break my heart. So I'll wait for sure.

''No questions?'' asked Mr. Zacharius for the last time. Judging by his big smirk on his face, he was used to seeing the students hooked up to the last seconds, so he slowly said: ''have a great Christ-''

He didn't finish. The students already jumped from their seats and ran through the door before anyone could stop them, as the teacher just shook his head, smiling. I rather took my time, lifting my backpack up to my shoulders very slowly, as Eren already waited for me by the door.