CHAPTER 36

Hey!

It's the first day of school! :D omg I'm sooooo excited! *overload sarcasm*

Hhh anyways, here is another chapter for you lovely souls and if any of you starts school in the next days or today (first of September), I really hope this chapter and all other amazing books on Wattpad make your first day back a little easier ;)

P.s. This chapter will contain a lack of knowledge about wrestling so sorry about that. If any of you know actual wrestling, sorry in advance! :/

--

''Hey everyone! Come on, come on, let's get this over with already!'' yelled Hanji, clapping her hands to get our attention.

We were finished splitting in weight classes and they looked through our files, so now it was time for the big thing – actual wrestling. I was a bit nervous, when Hanji called for a group meeting, but I pushed it away and rather concentrated. Isabelle and Farlan stopped talking long ago, so I quickly took the opportunity to squeeze between her and Marco in the circle. I didn't want to take any chances and be stuck next to Levi; it would just make my blood boil. But at the end, he was standing right across the circle, so it was quite hard to not look at him while listening to Hanji.

We – boys and girls elite of Titan high – formed a circle around the excited coach, which now had planted a serious look on her face. And when Hanji gets serious, it better to just listen to what she has to say.

''Okay titans,'' Hanji sharpened her voice, as her eyes travelled across each one of us, ''It's time to get your asses on the field and show what you've been doing the whole year.''

She took her time off and we nodded in response, our faces flushed or pale, minds trying to focus. But as far as I know, I was way off with the whole concentrate thing and Isabelle was probably way too excited to be nervous at the same time. Well, at least there was the two of us.

''I know, for some of you, this is the first time on an actual championship,'' Hanji continued with her excited voice, when suddenly her eyes landed on me. ''So I was hoping that Mikasa would tell you more about the whole stick-as-a-team thing.''

Stick what now?

Her sentence caught me a little by surprise and I frowned, as she just looked at me with her sparkling glasses. Well, the whole team was now again looking at me and I tried to found the right words, but they were already lost deep down in the endless sea of memories.

Last time competing, I never really had a 'team'. Actually, I never really was a part of one. Sure I had coaches and teammates in my previous club, but that was from a time, I didn't really enjoy being in. Yeah they all supported me and found my strength incomparable; my teammates called me a killing machine as my coaches often said I was worth 100 solders. But as much all of that sounds amazing, I never really improved my wrestling in their company - I always trained new techniques with Eren. He was no match for me, but he was over supportive and even if I wanted to give up, he would be backing me up with his words.

So when the tragedy ruined my life, I was kicked from the team. But training with Eren gave me enough courage to compete as solo wrestler.

''I competed solo so I don't think I would be of any help,'' I replied shortly. All that my teammates needed right now was a boost and not a session about whatever they should do or not. But then again – Hanji expected of me to say a bit more. Exhaling, I then quickly added: ''But sticking as a team is also important – whatever if this is a championship where one of us is at the top or not, it matters. Because if even one of us get to the top, the whole team gets a lot of credit for it so we need to stay supportive.''