001. ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴇᴛᴜʀɴ

⭒❃

⭒❃.✮:▹

The Salvatore's know they would find a way to find Arabella. And Elena would help them. So would Bonnie if Elena asked the Bennett witch.

While Damon started to develop feelings for the doppelgänger, Stefan wanted Arabella back. He didn't care for Katherine or Elena. He cared for Elena as a friend, of course. But he just wanted Arabella. He had wanted her for the last 145 years. Ever since he was still a seventeen-year-old human boy.

While Elena and Damon were in the hospital, checking up on Elena's friend, Caroline, who was in the hospital because of the car accident she had been in, so the Gilbert had asked Stefan if he could check up on her younger brother to make sure that the boy wasn't still trying to turn into a vampire. As he heard the front door open, he left Jeremy and went downstairs only to be met with Katherine, who was pretending to be Elena.

"Hey. How's Caroline?" He asked.

"Not good." And she went in for a hug. "Just what I needed." Stefan grabbed Katherine by her neck and threw her across the room. "Katherine."

"At least I fooled one of you."

He sped them to a wall. "Feel better?" Katherine asked before being slammed into another wall. They heard keys trying to open the door. She grabbed him by the throat and turned them around so that Stefan was against the wall. "You and your brother need to stop looking for her if you two don't want her dead. You already brought us in trouble by opening that stupid tomb."

The front door opened, Katherine twisted Stefan's arm and sped away from the Gilbert house.

"Stefan?"

"Elena."

"What happened?"Elena asked, seeing Stefan,who just got up from the floor.

"Katherine happened." Damon spoke out looking around the living room. Seeing Katherine back and hearing her say that meant that Arabella was alive. Which was a big relief to Stefan. He had never blames Arabella for the whole tomb situation. He and Damon both blamed Katherine. They just both couldn't imagine Arabella coming with such an idea.

"God dammit." He cursed before going to the hall. A few minutes had passed when Damon Salvatore's voice could be heard again. "Stefan come look at this painting." Stefan was sitting on the couch with Elena,  who was making sure if he was okay.

Stefan walked over and saw a painting hanging on the wall. One he had never seen before. It is a painting of Arabella. Looking just as beautiful as he remembered. She was sitting by a window with a book and a candle for light. I took it off the wall to see if there was a date or name on the back.

Arabella Petrova 1492

-K.

Just as he was about to ask Damon where the Gilberts got it, Elena walked in. "Elena where did your family get this?" She came over and looked at it. The three of us stood in front of the painting. "I don't know. It's always been there. At least since I can remember. Why?" I took the picture of Arabella out of my pocket and showed it to her.

She gasped. "This is Arabella? Wow, she was really pretty, Stefan." I smiled at her. She was.

"Stefan there is a big chance Arabella and Victor are too. You know Katherine and Bella never went anywhere without each other."

He had a point the two Pierces went everywhere together, most of the times. The times were Arabella was with me or Katherine was with Damon, were the times they weren't together. "I need to make sure Jeremy is alright." Elena spoke before going upstairs and the Salavatores went to the kitchen.

"Did she say what she wanted?" Damon asked his brother. "No. She just said we needed to stop looking for Arabella, because we're only bringing her in danger. Whatever that means.

"The woman sure knows how to make an entrance."

Elena appeared again. "I told Jeremy. I can't lie to him anymore."

"You all right?" Damon asked Elena as she sat down.

"No I'm not alright. I thought with the tomb vampires gone, things would get better."

"I know. We all did." Stefan agreed with her. Damon had wanted to open the tomb for Katherine, but mostly he wanted Arabella back. Even though Arabella had on older brother and is older than them, Damon felt like Arabella was his little baby sister.

Stefan didn't want Katherine back at all. He had never liked her, especially when he found out what she did to him and Arabella. He never felt more hatred and guilt than that moment.

"Katherine was in this house. That means she's been invited in. What are we gonna do?" Elena asked worriedly.

"Move." Damon said.

"Very helpful. Thank you."

"Katherine wants you dead. There's zero you can do about it. You will be dead. But you're not, so clearly she had other plans."

"So we need to find out what these plans are and not provoke her in the process."

Stefan was thinking about Katherine said. What trouble could Arabella be in? He knows she is a vampire and all, she probably killed someone and their family wants revenge, but I will still protect her from it. But even though Arabella was a vampire, he could never imagine her actually killing someone. She was too sweet and innocent for taking someone's life.

"I don't understand one thing. I thought you said Arabella and Katherine's last name was Pierce, why does Petrova stand on the back of the painting?"

"Katherine and Arabella originally came from Europe. Petrova was their real name."

"How do you know?" Stefan asked Damon.

"I saw it engraved on an old family heir-"

He stopped talking and both Elena and Stefan questioned why until Stefan heard it.

"I know Ara, but you can't. You'll bring him, yourself and both me and Katherine in danger." I vamped outside to see two persons walking on the opposite of the street but when the tallest saw me, he vamped both of them away.

"Arabella."

⭒❃.✮:▹

Words: 1020

Posted: July 13, 2023

Be sure to comment. I love reading them and it keeps me motivated!

x Kat