038. 1912

⭒❃

⭒❃.✮:▹

Mystic Grill

"Thank you for meeting with me, Mayor. I figured as head of the Preservation Society, you'd be a good person to ask about the oldest trees in this community." Rebekah said as the three of them (she, Mayor Lockwood and Arabella) had sat down.

Arabella had promised Rebekah to help them find the white oak tree or at least the remains of the three so the entire Mikaelson family would not die. She especially didn't want Rebekah, Kol and Elijah to die but somewhere deep down she knew Klaus was included.

"A long line of Lockwood women use to keep those records, back before any of them had actual jobs." Mayor Lockwood replied as both Rebekah and Arabella let out a giggle."I've been to the Founders' archive, but I can't seem to find any record of the tree we're looking for." Arabella said."It probably got cut down. Big old trees built half of this town in the 1900s." Mrs. Lockwood replied as she took a sip of her coffee.

Arabella saw that Stefan and Damon had entered the Grill and were heading towards the bar. Rebekah noticed as well as Damon spoke.

"Sunshine and the She-devil at nine o'clock." He said as Stefan shot Arabella a suspicious glance, but she dismissed it with a smile.

"Do you happen to know who kept the milling ledgers during that period?"

"Back then all the logging mills were owned by the Salvatores."
Rebekah let out a 'oh' as the mayor looked over to Arabella. "You're familiar with them aren't you?"
"Yes, Stefan is my boyfriend." She said as she looked towards the two brothers at the bar at the same time Damon glanced back at the two girls.

"So what does a medical examiner, Bill Forbes, and Alaric Saltzman have in common?" Damon asked Stefan, who started to tap his ring on the counter, annoying Damon. "Come on, knock it off."

Stefan stopped. However he did pour himself a drink.

"You know, quitting blood cold turkey after a ripper binge might not be the best approach. Every time you play that all-or-nothing game, you eventually leave a trail of bodies. So, I'm thinking, now is a good time to pay our old friend moderation a visit.

"They were all on the Founders' Council, Damon. That's what they all have in common.""But why them? Huh? Brian Walters and Alaric weren't from founding families. I mean, hey, if you're gonna slaughter council members, go A-list. At least in 1912 they killed a Salvatore."

Rebekah and Arabella had said goodbye to the mayor and had come up behind the two brothers at the bar.

"And which Salvatore would that be?" Arabella asked.

"Zachariah."

"Your nephew?" Arabella asked.

"Zachariah Salvatore was your nephew?" Rebekah questioned.