012. ᴅᴀᴅᴅʏ ɪꜱꜱᴜᴇꜱ

⭒❃

⭒❃.✮:▹

"You brought back John Gilbert?" Damon asked Stefan, as if he was an idiot. "That was your big 'safe Arabella and Elena' move?"

The three were standing in Stefan's bedroom. Damon scolds his younger brother for bringing John Gilbert back to Mystic Falls.

"I went to look for Isobel and got John instead. He said he could help us and we're desperate." Stefan answered him in an obvious duh-tone.

"We're not that desperate. The guy tried to barbecue me."

"He did what?" Arabella asked in shock, liking John less and less by the minute, not that she could ever stand him.

"Damon, Bonnie's witch friend is working with Elijah. So, we have to assume the moonstone was never destroyed. Elena is putting all of her faith in some deal that she made with Elijah to keep everyone safe. I mean, do you trust Elijah? I don't trust him. He's an Original. He can't be trusted. It's not like we could go and kill him because apparently he can't die."

"You're not gonna kill Elijah, Stef."

"Still waiting for the part where John's the answer."

"He knew about the sacrifice. Isobel told him. He said he knew of a way to keep Elena safe. And if Elena's safe so is Arabella." 

"And how do we do that?"

"He's not talking. At least not to me, anyway."

"Great work, Stefan, topnotch. As if I didn't have enough problems." Damon said before walking away.

"Hey, I'm sorry about Rose."

"Whatever. I knew the woman for five minutes."

"And you cared about her after five minutes." Arabella spoke.

(Rose is still alive, btw, I didn't want her to die, so she just left town)

"Oh, I wonder what that means." Stefan said.

"It means I care, Stefan. It means I'm changing and evolving into a man capable of greatness. Better watch your back because I may have to go get a hero hairdo of my own and steal your thunder." This time Damon did walk away.

"Hey," Arabella called after Damon. "I happen to like his hero hair."

"Sure you do, sunshine, sure you do." Damon muttered but was heard by both vampires at the same time Arabella got a message from Caroline.

"Stefan, we need to go to Caroline." Arabella said before walking downstairs with Stefan behind her.

⭒❃.✮:▹

When the two got out of the car, Caroline was already waiting by the door for them.