031. ʜᴏᴍᴇᴄᴏᴍɪɴɢ

⭒❃

⭒❃.✮:▹

Klaus was walking through the woods when his phone rings. When he answers, Stefan's voice came from the other side of it. "Portland is fantastic once you can get over all the whiney music and healthy-looking people. It's literally a breeding ground for werewolves."

"Your father's dead."

"What did you say to me?"

"Oh, my mistake. Not your actual father, and not dead. Mikael. Daggered." The Salvatore looked down at Mikael's body. "What do you want me to do with the body?"

"Well, first, I want you to explain to me exactly what happened."

One Hour earlier

Stefan, Arabella, Elena and Damon entered the library as Stefan was telling them about the plan he and Damon made.

"All right, we'll say that Mikael followed Elena in here. He tried to grab her so he could use her as bait."

"And you, what, vervained him?" Elena asked.

"No, we vervained him. The guy's an original. We have to make it realistic." Damon answered.

"Okay. Fine. We vervained him and in the process discovered that he had a dagger."

"Which he planned to use on Rebekah. But instead-"

"We drove it through his heart." Stefan finished her sentence.

"And what happens when he asks to see Mikael's body?"

"Good point. You, my brother, have been compelled to do what Klaus says. So if the idea is to lure him back here and kill him, the last thing we need is you getting tripped up and tongue tied." Damon stated.

"Well don't look at me. I'm just in charge of getting him back here."

"Klaus is smart. If we tell him that Mikael's dead, he'll want proof." Arabella added.

Mikael entered the library and Arabella rolled her eyes at the sight of him almost immediately.

"Then I shall be dead." He laid a dagger and a vial of white oak ashes on the table in front of him.

"What if he wants to see you in person?" Arabella inquired.

"Well, it means our plan is working. Klaus will absolutely want to see my body. You lure him here, and I will kill him."

"With what? Those daggers won't work on him."

"Well, I'm in possession of a stake fashioned from the wood of the ancient white oak tree. The one that left these ashes when it burned." He opened the vial slowly.

"Where is it?" Damon asked.

"Not here. Knowing its location is my insurance policy." He put the dagger in the vial containing the white oak tree ashes.