024. ᴛʜᴇ ʜʏʙʀɪᴅ

⭒❃

⭒❃.✮:▹

"Are you okay? Is Ray getting heavy?" Klaus asked, with fake concern.

"I'm fine." The Salvatore answered.

Arabella, Niklaus and Stefan had been walking in the woods for hours. Arabella was trailing a little behind the two as they talked. Bored out of her mind.

"You sure about that? We've been walking for quite some time now. Do you need some water or a little sit-down?" The hybrid asked sarcastically.

"You know, I get that we're stuck together. But if we could maybe just skip the chitchat, it'd be great.

"So much brooding. Your self-loathing is suffocating you, my friend."

"Maybe it's because he's a little tired of hunting werewolves. Which, I too, agree on." Arabella spoke, walking a bit faster, hoping to catch up with them.

"We've been at it all summer."

"Thanks to our pal, Ray, we've found ourselves a pack." Niklaus said.

Arabella looked ahead of her to see loads of people packing stuff while joking with each other. Werewolves.

"Klaus, do you honestly think it's a good idea for me and Stefan to be here?" Arabella asked him, knowing if they stayed too long and the full moon came, they were pretty much dead.

Very dead.

"Don't worry, love, I'll save you." Klaus spoke before walking forwards.

"They won't get to you, Bels, I promise." Stefan said, kissing her head before walking after Klaus.

Stefan dropped Ray to the ground, making everyone turn to them.

"Ray, oh my god!" A girl ran towards the werewolf, kneeling down next to him. "What's going on?"

Arabella sat down on the rock, knowing this was gonna take some time.

She looked at Stefan. "Who are you?"

"The important question is, who am I?" Klaus interrupted. "Please, forgive the intrusion. My name is Klaus."

The woman stood back up. "You're the hybrid."

"You've heard of me. Fantastic."

"How many people have heard your story?" Arabella mumbled.

Klaus and Stefan joined their mate on the stone, one sitting on each side of her, just in case.

"It's fascinating, actually. A werewolf who isn't beholden to the moon. A vampire who doesn't burn in the sun. A true hybrid."