019. ᴛʜᴇ ʟᴀꜱᴛ ᴅᴀʏ

⭒❃

⭒❃.✮:▹

"Tonight is a full moon. We should assume that Klaus is prepared to break the curse." Elijah spoke to Arabella, Elena and Stefan, who were all seated on the couch in front of the Original.

"Arabella said that the sun and moon curse if fake. That it's actually just a curse placed on Klaus." Stefan said.

"Klaus is a vampire born of a werewolf bloodline. The curse has kept his werewolf aspect from manifesting. But if he breaks it, he'll be a true hybrid."

Damon walked in, frustrated. "Then why are we letting him break the curse?" He asked. "We can kill him today. With Arabella and Bonnie."

"Damon." Stefan said, glaring at his older brother.

"No," Elena started. "Arabella can't kill Klaus, without killing herself and Stefan in the process. And Bonnie can't use that much power without dying." 

"I'll write her a great eulogy." Damon said, talking about Bonnie.

"It's not an option, Damon."

"All right, how do we break this curse?" Stefan asked.

"Well, the ritual itself is straightforward. The ingredients, so to speak, you already know." Elijah replied, while standing up and walking over to a box, which was standing on a table.

"The moonstone."

"A witch will channel the power of the full moon to release the spell that's bound within the stone." Arabella explained.

Elijah went on. "After that, Klaus, being both werewolf and vampire will sacrifice one of each."

"And where do I fit into it?"

"The final part of the ritual." He took the box out and sighed before speaking again. "Klaus must drink the blood of the doppelgänger to the point of your death."

Arabella took Elena's hand in her. "It'll be okay."

Elena nodded at Arabella before turning to Elijah. "And that's where you come in."

Elijah opened the box, pulling out a bottle. "This is an elixir that I acquired some 500 years ago for Katerina. It possesses mystical properties of resuscitation."

"So I'll be dead?" Elena asked.

"And then you won't."

"That's your plan? A magical witch potion with no expiration date?" Damon asked glaring at the Original before looking at Elena. "You wanna come back to life, what about John's ring?"

"Those rings only work on humans. A doppelgänger is a supernatural occurrence. Odds are the ring won't work."

"I'd take those odds over your elixir. What if it doesn't work, Elena?"