002. ᴋɪʟʟ ᴏʀ ʙᴇ ᴋɪʟʟᴇᴅ (ᴘᴀʀᴛ ᴏɴᴇ)

⭒❃

⭒❃.✮:▹

A few days had past and they had only seen Katherine. Not one sign of Bella or Victor. The past days had been really bad.

Katherine had turned Caroline into a vampire. Caroline killed someone. Caroline fed of Matt, but Stefan was making her learn how to control it. They had caught Caroline up with most of the stuff what was happening all around them.

They found out the Lockwood's are werewolves. Damon had stabbed Mason after the Lockwood offered him peace, making the werewolf really pissed.

Katherine had bothered Damon a lot, to his annoyance. He had tried to get her out of the tomb, but since he found out she wasn't in there he has been focusing on Elena and finding Arabella.

Today was Mystic Falls Historical Society Volunteer Day, all three of them were attending.

"This is all part of the Historical Society's effort to give back to the community. Thanks to the generous donation of the Fell family, we are now standing on the site of our newest public park. Thank you to everyone who has shown up to lend a helping hand. Thanks." The mayor, Carol Lockwood spoke through the microphone.

But Stefan had not been listening to one word the mayor had said. His brother Damon stood beside him, at least Damon pretend to listen to Carol but the younger brother had been staring at a person a few meters away from him.

When she finally ended her speech, Stefan directly moved over to the girl, to find out she wasn't standing there anymore.

So he decided to bother Mason Lockwood and to make peace with him, all to take his mind of the brunette girl from two minutes ago.

"Stefan Salvatore? The other Salvatore?" Mason asked.

"The nice one. The one offering an apology." Stefan replied.

"Not interested." Mason said while looking at the boxes in his car.

"Look, my brother acted impulsively." Stefan explained.

"You think?"

"If you and Damon keep at each other's throats somebody is gonna get hurt. I don't want that. You have family here, so I can't imagine you'd want that either. So what do you say? We just quit the whole alpha-male fighting thing and call it a truce?"

Mason sat his arm down on a box and pointed towards Stefan. "I made that same offer to your brother. He turned it down, with a knife."

"He made a mistake. I'm here to make sure that neither one of you make another one."

"Tell your brother to watch his back." Mason took the boxes up and started to walk away, only to be pulled back by Stefan.

"Well, I'm guessing he only has to worry about that during a full moon. Otherwise you're not as strong. Am I right? Or you would have killed Damon by now. There's one of you, there's two of us. You're the one that needs to watch his back." Stefan was threatening by now.